• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

Plus minus is a worthless stat, same player can be -20 on one team and +25 on another.

Im not saying get Nylander but I wouldn’t complain if we did. He would just have to play Rods system. And complain about his defense? Well how about Karlsson who has one of the lowest defense ratings in the nhl and yet he’s an actual defenseman!

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Plus minus is a worthless stat, same player can be -20 on one team and +25 on another.

Im not saying get Nylander but Ivwouldnt complain if we got him. He would just have to play Rods system. And complain about his defense? Well how about Karlsson who has one of the lowest defense ratings in the nhl and yet he’s an actual defenseman!

Check the Reddit video of Nylander. That’s not rods hockey. 

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Check the Reddit video of Nylander. That’s not rods hockey. 

Not sure where a reddit video is I don’t go there. I look at youtube videos. Always look at several. And I look at stats. and if you wouldn’t take a forward with Nylander stats well not much more I can say haha.AEC107CD-BF18-4E77-A1D8-CDC73A7B4F7E.jpeg.02db31328f3137bf2269eb2670662c95.jpeg

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Not sure where a reddit video is I don’t go there. I look at youtube videos. Always look at several. And I look at stats. and if you wouldn’t take a forward with Nylander stats well not much more I can say haha.AEC107CD-BF18-4E77-A1D8-CDC73A7B4F7E.jpeg.02db31328f3137bf2269eb2670662c95.jpeg

I posted it on the last page. You should just be able to hit the play button and it should play embedded. 

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

This poo isn’t going to fly on a heavy deep forechecking team. And this was a playoff game too. 

Also sorry the edit again but, That’s worse than some Necas slack play. At least Necas knows to backcheck too.

@DavidEng this has always been a huge problem for Nylander. Would you really want this type of effort on your team in the playoffs?

We don’t need regular season players. We need a playoff forward or two. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Believe GMDW already said we won’t and the players that aren’t loaned out will hopefully join another teams AHL team.

Ya apparently I missed that release. Just saw it in the reply’s. I thought we were trying to piggyback onto another teams AHL for this season. Makes sense though. But it does suck our boys won’t be able to build cohesion.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I saw someone jokingly say that we should send to Tampa’s AHL team cause they can’t have many players since they trade all their picks lol.

Not them specifically but I thoughts that’s what we were trying to do. Jokes on me. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Dammit. Why did I have to go down that rabbit hole of impossibility. Just imagining a Svech-Aho-Kuzmenko line. Holy poo. Universe, if you are listening…

This is why I don’t look up or say players I want to see on our team. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1