• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday 8/6 Practice thread

Ricky Spanish

47 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Preach.  I have endured 41 Carolina summers in my life.  I love this state/area, but if I never have to experience being drenched in sweat from being outside for 5 minutes or less in July/August/September, I do not feel like my life will be worse.

The one thing I've never gotten tired of in 41 years is the sweet relieve of the Carolina Fall, and everything it brings with it, especially Panthers football.

September is not too bad. By the end of it it is nice and comfortable and cool and the high average for this September is 81 so I’ll take that. 
Only abnormality I remember is 2019. Because it was in the 90s all the way up until October. 
Nothing like doing heating maintenance for gas furnaces in 90+ degree attics. 
Hot 200 degree burner heat right in your face. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

My job has ruined my ability to enjoy warm/hot weather. Even though I hated it as a kid as well but my parents kept us busy with stuff that kept us cool like swimming.

i've become less and less a fan as i got older, but covid left me with asthma and while it has gotten better the last year i still have a lot of trouble on hot and really humid days. hopefully that will eventually get better too, but for now...ugh. 

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

i've become less and less a fan as i got older, but covid left me with asthma and while it has gotten better the last year i still have a lot of trouble on hot and really humid days. hopefully that will eventually get better too, but for now...ugh. 

Do you have a humidifier in your home?

It helps a lot imo.

32 minutes ago, AppState said:

It is suggested that dehumidifiers are used in summer.

They cannot help my outside my house.  That's where the humidity is.  Summers in the south is like living in the sauna.

The mountains were the only exception. Other than some sporadic weeks in August through September it's not that bad.  But this year seems to have had more days with high humidity.