• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldur's Gate 3 - Hardcore D&D simulator and amazing game!

d-dave

14 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Really, really want to get this game but can't right now. 

The great news - it is what it is.  Single player, play at your own pace and your own style.  No plans for big future content.  Just a $60 that's got hundreds of hours of content AND is not nickel and diming you to death.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Finally picked it up and I'm having a blast. About 12 hours into the game right now. 

Oh, so you just made your character? /jokes!

Yeah, I've been busy but I still love jumping in to play!  There is SO MUCH replay-in-the-future in this game, and it's a HUGE game.  I've gone through several instances where I wish I had done things differently.  I'll get there =P

Looking at the larger world of gaming - the only lesson the rest of the industry can learn is to make quality games and not nickel and dime your players to death with battle passes and microtransactions.  BG3 is a unicorn because it had the support (from players) to take their time, a long early access, and they took the time to craft a work of art.  That's just not going to happen often in the current world of gaming.  People are just too impatient.

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

Oh, so you just made your character? /jokes!

Yeah, I've been busy but I still love jumping in to play!  There is SO MUCH replay-in-the-future in this game, and it's a HUGE game.  I've gone through several instances where I wish I had done things differently.  I'll get there =P

Looking at the larger world of gaming - the only lesson the rest of the industry can learn is to make quality games and not nickel and dime your players to death with battle passes and microtransactions.  BG3 is a unicorn because it had the support (from players) to take their time, a long early access, and they took the time to craft a work of art.  That's just not going to happen often in the current world of gaming.  People are just too impatient.

Divinity os 1 and 2 were games by Larian that I really enjoyed. So I had no doubts about this one at all. This is the lovechild of os 1 and 2 for sure. You could probably say it was os 3. Lol. 

I'm about 20 hours in now..... I can't stop playing. 

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Just finished up my first play through. So deep. Really enjoyed it. Started a new character, but need to take break from it for a bit to breathe

LOL yeah!  I play for a bit, into act II, then I'm like "but what if I did this instead?" so I start another... I have five saves...  LOL

• Pie 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:28 PM, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Just finished up my first play through. So deep. Really enjoyed it. Started a new character, but need to take break from it for a bit to breathe

I played the early access like 5 times before full release then went hard on like a 100 hour play through on my first full one and haven’t been able  to touch it since. It’s game of the year 2023 but I feel like I burned myself  too much lmao

3 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

I played the early access like 5 times before full release then went hard on like a 100 hour play through on my first full one and haven’t been able  to touch it since. It’s game of the year 2023 but I feel like I burned myself  too much lmao

its a grind for sure

Just now, lumbeecheraw75 said:

its a grind for sure

If I could just skip to Act 2 I’d play it more but I went multiclassing pretty heavy into my first run and I’ve been a DM for a multi-year campaign so it’s hard to get excited about “trying” something new. 

When they make updates to the evil play through and flesh out Mynthra more I’ll give it a shot but you get rid over tons of hours of side quests if you go evil play through. Idk

8 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

If I could just skip to Act 2 I’d play it more but I went multiclassing pretty heavy into my first run and I’ve been a DM for a multi-year campaign so it’s hard to get excited about “trying” something new. 

When they make updates to the evil play through and flesh out Mynthra more I’ll give it a shot but you get rid over tons of hours of side quests if you go evil play through. Idk

I was going evil in my 2nd play through and noticed that fairly early.

1 hour ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

I was going evil in my 2nd play through and noticed that fairly early.

Yeah like half of the companion characters leave your party and thus you lose access to their side quests. Until the either don’t make them leave and add dialogue to make it work or add other companion characters to replace what you lose than I’ll wait. Plus Mynthras dialogue was bugged for like a month on release so alot Of her options weren’t available.