• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 2 NFL games

Panthercougar68

9 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Stroud has looked the part. He already has a couple completions of 15 yards or more these last 2 games. He can make the big plays, Houston experience is just showing like most young teams. 

Stroud faces his biggest test thus far at Jacksonville next week.  I think Houston is getting blown out.

9 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

Damn. CJ was sacked 6 times. Not surprising, considering their o-line injuries. 103.5 rating. 3 different receivers with 6 or more receptions, each with over 70 yards. Can you imagine if they had a running game? Pierce averaged 2.1 yards a carry. Singletary 3.5. Second week in a row. I'm not sure Singletary isn't my started RB next week if I'm Houston.

Anyway, good job by CJ. Small steps. Hopefully, Bryce has a great one tomorrow. I think he will.

I enjoy your posts.  You're a good fan!

1 hour ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I was both disappointed and surprised when Carolina took Young instead of Stroud, although I like Young's game and I think he's going to do well.  I always felt that Stroud's ceiling is higher.  

As a Buckeye fan or homer as you refer to yourself, who was the last Ohio State QB that was a successful starter in the NFL?  That's why CJ was not taken. Hurts was roll tide and Bryce will follow in his footsteps in intangibles like clutch under pressure and leadership. Didn't you watch the Michigan game where CJ struggled so badly. And is it true that Buckeyes players has their academic tests taken by others under the table so they can graduate? I was told this that maybe you some share us in on?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/21/23692550/c-j-stroud-s2-score-nfl-draft-ohio-state

4 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

As a Buckeye fan or homer as you refer to yourself, who was the last Ohio State QB that was a successful starter in the NFL?  That's why CJ was not taken. Hurts was roll tide and Bryce will follow in his footsteps in intangibles like clutch under pressure and leadership. Didn't you watch the Michigan game where CJ struggled so badly. And is it true that Buckeyes players has their academic tests taken by others under the table so they can graduate? I was told this that maybe you some share us in on?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/21/23692550/c-j-stroud-s2-score-nfl-draft-ohio-state

Hurts was not good at Bama and that's why he got benched for Tua and transferred to Oklahoma where he blossomed.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hurts was not good at Bama and that's why he got benched for Tua and transferred to Oklahoma where he blossomed.

He got benched in the championship game. He was still good, Tua was just the better college QB. Hurts wasn’t going to get drafted as high as he did until Riley had him looking like a better passer at Oklahoma.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He got benched in the championship game. He was still good, Tua was just the better college QB. Hurts wasn’t going to get drafted as high as he did until Riley had him looking like a better passer at Oklahoma.

He wasn't good at Bama. It was Tua that got Saban to finally break out of his old school three yards and a loud of dust offense and join the modern offensive game.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He wasn't good at Bama. It was Tua that got Saban to finally break out of his old school three yards and a loud of dust offense and join the modern offensive game.

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong then. I thought he was still a good college QB, they just ran him more. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wrong! Hurts was very good at Bama but Tua was better. Hurts was getting offers to start for other top programs so should he had stayed to backup Tua. What would you do? 

And what goes around comes around as Hurts had 2 clutched TD while under pressure to come from behind to beat the mighty Georgia Bulldogs, so don't ever say he wasn't good at Bama. Saban loved him and didn't want him to leave. And Hurts was in that draft class where 3 QB went in the top 6 where no other team needed another starting QB otherwise Hurts would have easily been drafted in the 1st round as well. Teams just don't draft QB that high if they don't need one. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2018/12/01/jalen-hurts-leads-alabama-rally-tide-beat-georgia-sec-title/2178245002/

And Sanders who played for both Hurts and now for Bryce said they have so many similarities like leadership and work ethics where they were the first to come in and last to leave among teammates unlike Buckeyes QBs like Fields and CJ who were the last to show up and the first to leave, so hows that for leadership? Yet it seems like most everyone wants CJ now after week 2 LMAO.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2023/07/13/panthers-running-back-compares-bryce-young-to-jalen-hurts/

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong then. I thought he was still a good college QB, they just ran him more. 

He was very good but most NFL teams want great physical attributes with big cannon arms as franchise QB which is why Brady and Montana were drafted so low yet both has notable intangibles while at Michigan and Notre Dame to games from behind under pressure. I do remember one game where CJ was under pressure which rarely happens since OSU was so good and he choked big time. Still I hope CJ will succeed in the NFL and not end up like Sam D with his big arm.

2 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

He was very good but most NFL teams want great physical attributes with big cannon arms as franchise QB which is why Brady and Montana were drafted so low yet both has notable intangibles while at Michigan and Notre Dame to games from behind under pressure. I do remember one game where CJ was under pressure which rarely happens since OSU was so good and he choked big time. Still I hope CJ will succeed in the NFL and not end up like Sam D with his big arm.

He is off to a good start.