• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

Has Moore not proven anything?

No-- are you kidding..

The kid has 1 good game, not even one where he was tested much..

I want to see how he does now when we get down by 2 TD's.

Let me see that, add it to what he HAS done, then he has proved something.

Right now he is a young QB who has done well, but not enough to be given the keys to the franchise.

Not that big a Campbell fan, but I`d take him over Vick.

If we`re going to have to trade to get a guy, my choice would be David Garrard.

Mine too. And I know he wants to retire here (at least after he retires). I didn't even know who he was when his wife told me this - he was still Leftwich's backup when I met both of them.

I'm not trying to nail you guys down i just want the Panthers to win as much as you guys and want someone running this offense that can make big time plays and someone that we can be excited about on Sunday's. Let's make a move here and get something going to take us to a Super Bowl. Moore still has a chance to earn my respect and the players respect but other than last night i am just not sold on this guy. As far as my comment about Moore not knowing the playbook, i just didn't pull that out of my ass. I had vets on the team tell me that.

Dan, do you think that now Matt is having to prepare as the starter, he's learning the playbook better? What is/was the problem learning it? I mean, hell, it isn't like they run that many offensive plays. Is he lazy or stupid? I did hear his interview prior to the Tampa game and it was brutal.

What about his winning percentage? Im sorry guys, our great hope Jake Delhomme set the bar so low this year, that passing up Vick only confirms what Ive been saying, we want a white QB here at all costs and only entertain a black QB if its a short term option while we find that white QB. The Panthers are a conservative organization with a conservative owner in a conservative christian white collar banking town that is entrenched in red tape. Go in any black barbershop or bar in town and bring this topic up and you'll hear exactly what Im saying, it aint just me. The Panthers have worked hard for 15 years to build this reputation they have.

I don't care where you hear it, or who is saying it, its foolish. There is no doubt in my mind that Fox and Hurner and Richardson would take any color of QB if they think he would give us a shot at winning. Saying that not liking Michael Vick make them racist has no basis in fact. There is no evidence whatsoever to support this supposition. They had Rodney Peete at QB, and last time I checked, he was black. But I suppose only Michael Vick counts in this equation.

And what about his winning percentage? A team has a winning percentage, not a player. But if you insist on using that standard, he had one season in which his team finished 11-5, and the rest of them, the Falcons hovered around 500. In the full seasons he played, they were 9-6-1, 8-8, 7-9, and 11-5. How is that any better than Delhomme's team standings? Matt Ryan, in his rookie season, equaled Vick's best year ever.

Campbell at least has the potential to improve. Vick will never be any better than he was. He is or soon will be 30 years old. He depends more on his legs than his arm, and in a couple of years, he is going to start losing some of that running ability. I have seen nothing from him to indicate that his passing will improve, as his number at Atlanta never really improved from 2001 thru 2006. So what would be the point in bringing him here? Bring in Michael Vick next year, and we are 9-7 or 10-6 for a couple of years, and thats about it.

The bottom line is that JR does not bring on someone with such baggage.

Even if by signing Vick we were guaranteed to be in the playoffs, JR would still pass on him. His team having high ethical and moral standards is as important to him as any team in the league.

not buying this at all.

he's been in here a lot recently and hasn't said much about race until this conversation popped up. it may happen more outside this forum but i don't really venture outside of here.

usually when the discussion is football or the panthers i like what he says. it's these discussions about vick that really get things set off.

Perhaps "change name to Kill Whitey" was a bit much for me to say, but I firmly stand by the rest of my post. He might be a good dude in real life, but on the internets King T has a major chip on his shoulder.

The bottom line is that JR does not bring on someone with such baggage.

Even if by signing Vick we were guaranteed to be in the playoffs, JR would still pass on him. His team having high ethical and moral standards is as important to him as any team in the league.

Our fanbase bringing in and FORGIVING Michael Vick would be a very Christian thing to do. It would say alot more to the league. If what you say is true, I dont want to hear people say Jerry Richardson is a great owner anymore. Call him what he is, a passive owner who isnt bothered by losing but is rabid about "conformity". 30 years from now his name will not be mentioned with the other great NFL owners in this league because he passed on Michael Vick and kept a high ethical & moral standard. Somebody is gonna take Vick, to think if we dont thats gonna say something to the rest of the NFL or we're gonna get props for it is ASININE. Once again JR continues to keep this franchise moving at 35 mph on the highway.

As for Jason Campbell, ask a Redskins fan RIGHT NOW would they rather have Vick or Campbell? Im not gonna hype up Campbell and be an apologist for an underachieving player just cuz I dont want to admit Vick is a better option for this football team.

What about his winning percentage? Im sorry guys, our great hope Jake Delhomme set the bar so low this year, that passing up Vick only confirms what Ive been saying, we want a white QB here at all costs and only entertain a black QB if its a short term option while we find that white QB. The Panthers are a conservative organization with a conservative owner in a conservative christian white collar banking town that is entrenched in red tape. Go in any black barbershop or bar in town and bring this topic up and you'll hear exactly what Im saying, it aint just me. The Panthers have worked hard for 15 years to build this reputation they have.

Sounds as if these "black" gathering places have a problem with race. I guarantee you in a "white" bar or barbershop where people are discussing the Panthers........ race is not an issue. I also believe that if a "black" QB w/ an above avg. skill set was available the Panthers would be interested.......as long as he had not been convicted of a felony recently. Personally I would not want Vick as the face of our franchize and race has nothing to do with it.

Sounds as if these "black" gathering places have a problem with race. I guarantee you in a "white" bar or barbershop where people are discussing the Panthers........ race is not an issue.

As it shouldnt be, nearly every "face" this franchise has had has been people who represent and look like them. Why would it be an issue? Part of being a black fan of the Panthers is knowing the chances you'll ever see a QB that looks like you are slim to none. If I want to root for one, I'll have to pick 1 on another team. You never see me bitching about the Steelers or Eagles or Cowgirls or Titans when it comes to this issue, because those teams have a history, the Panthers dont and act like everyone is stupid and cant see that.

As it shouldnt be, nearly every "face" this franchise has had has been people who represent and look like them. Why would it be an issue? Part of being a black fan of the Panthers is knowing the chances you'll ever see a QB that looks like you are slim to none. If I want to root for one, I'll have to pick 1 on another team. You never see me bitching about the Steelers or Eagles or Cowgirls or Titans when it comes to this issue, because those teams have a history, the Panthers dont and act like everyone is stupid and cant see that.

So this whole thing comes down to rooting for someone who looks like you? I'm sorry but, that thought has never crossed my mind. I root for a team and it's players....... what ever their color. I just think you'd be better off in your quest for a black QB in Carolina to find one with out a felony convickion.

Archived