• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Five games this season, eight overall - What do we know about Moore?

mav1234

I hope they don't just draft a QB because they think they must draft a QB thanks to Moore now. By that I mean, make sure if you draft a QB its the guy you want and are confident will do something and not just drafting whoever they can get with 2nd round pick.

They could hold off drafting a QB, keep Moore and sign a Free Agent that is capable, say a Kyle Orton type and hopefully cut jake.

If Colt McCoy falls to our 2nd round pick, do we take him? Do they think he is NFL Starter, Franchise type QB or not? If not 100% sold, I say sign a capable Free Agent and see what Moore can do next yr. If moore fails, get that QB next year in draft?

If trading D-Will means we could get say, Sam Bradford and a good DT or WR would you do it?

If not for ref-interference Matt could be 5-0 this season with little to no preperation with the first team. He looked apprehensive at first yesterday, was throwing off off the back of his feet allot with all the blitz's. As long as he had time to step into his throw he was very accurate.

As i said in another post, his accuracy is of concern, however he seems to miss where the defense can't get it.

he did look funny when he fell down.

People keep mentioning his accuracy, but from what I've seen some of the throws he's made are basically impossible; I mean, did anyone break down that TD throw to Jarrett yesterday? That was, literally, a perfect throw.

I think most of his accuracy issues stem from sailing the ball early in the game due to nerves, something that can be fixed by coaching...however, as others have stated, the history of QB coaching on this team makes me nervous.

Fox is in love with Delhomo.. Moore is our best chance to win and has been. Remember 2 years ago when Jake was out at the end of the season for Tommy John surgery, Moore also proved he was good enough. Look at what a difference in how the whole team has played, its like they know they have a chance with Jake out??

this offseason will not be like after the '07 off-season.

jake got hurt in '07 after having an absolutely incredible beginning to the year, playing probably his best ball ever.

he got hurt and got his arm repaired and got it strong again. he was throwing pretty well and didn't have a hitch in it when he came back. jake had given no reason coming into '08 that he shouldn't be the starter. he still had the team 100% behind him.

this year...different story. jake playing the worst ball of his career and gets taken out because of a broken knuckle. moore comes in and gets a lot better and the team does much better with him.

coming into '08...jake had the momentum even while missing most of the season. it was clear the only reasons he didn't play was because he was hurt.

going into '10...moore has the momentum. with jake the team was flopping around like a fish out of water. with moore in the team was winning.

moore has given every reason to believe that he is a much better starter than jake is and would be an improvement and a definite upgrade over jake.

i agree with KT that we should be looking for an upgrade there but i feel that way with every position. it's just a matter of priority. with moore in at QB, the position becomes less of a priority.

i would like to see what he does when having to play from behind and under a lot of pressure. i want to see what he does in a playoff situation as well before we give him a huge contract. give him next year and see what he does with a whole year under center. very easily we could find ourselves in the playoffs again if they are playing next year like they have the past few weeks.

i don't know about bringing a vet in anymore but i totally believe that we should draft a QB this year. let him carry the clipboard next year and let next year with moore be the audition for the long term contract.

Good posts here. I too believe Moore has earned being penciled in at the top of the depth chart, i.e., being named the presumed starter going into next season. I have no problem with Delhomme being the #2, but his salary makes him a quite expensive #2 to have at that. ANY time an upgrade can be made to any position, that should be explored. But I think Moore has made that decision premature right now, at least as far as starting QB goes. None of the QBs mentioned as prime prospects can realistically be expected to be around when our pick comes. The current crop of QB prospects are considered weak as a group, that according to the NFL scouts. Bradford alone had TWO major shoulder injuries, do you take a chance on 1st round money given that? We have a 1st round pick in 2011. Let's see what Moore does next season, then re-evaluate the QB situation if we have to.

Let's try to address the WR situation (and special teams) to see if that helps our OVERALL QB situation, regardless of who is playing. People seem to have written off McKown as a backup. He deserves a look for the #2 spot if he has healed from his injuries. Perhaps he and Jake should compete for THAT. Any QB who has continuity with an NFL team is a plus, in them having a leg up in knowing the system and personnel. I believe McKown will be in his third year with the team as of next season, same as Moore was this year. I think that has benefited Moore so far, and the team as well, because they KNOW him too! If the FO can get Jake to re-work his contract, our QB position might be in better shape than we dare believe. I think Jake's done as a starter, at least he is here, but as a backup to a developing QB like Moore, that might not be too shabby!

Archived