• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Five games this season, eight overall - What do we know about Moore?

mav1234

What do you guys think of Matt Moore after his 8 total starts? 6-2 is a nice record. More importantly, he's 4-1 this season as a starter, with a QB rating of close to 99, and an amazing TD/int or 8-2... (8-1 as a starter for close to 1k yards passing)... He's not terribly accurate, but he's over 60%. Today's numbers were down because of how totally dominated the Saints (albeit second teamers) were.

So... Starting QB going into next season? I think he's penciled in right now, even in the crazy land of Fox. Jake will of course compete and will probably be #2. I expect us to draft someone, but not as high as 2nd rounder, and perhaps grab a good FA should one become available.

Not doubting it, but have you seen enough to know he is "the future?" I agree he looks damn good. I am just so careful to crown him, because I am afraid of disappointment, lol. It seems though that if you're going to go 4-1, with four of those games against 4 of the best teams in the league (and one against a tough division rival that always will play you hard), he better start. He didn't just squeek by against the last three teams, either. Once he settled down in each game he started picking defenses apart when he was allowed to.

The day he put together, sans Smitty, was great, when you think of how important he was to his previous two games. It also made me hope that Jarrett sticks around with Moore tossing him the ball.

Any other thoughts?

He's proven he's what Delhomme used to be when he first got here. A guy that could manage a game, make key throws when needed, and is excellent at handing the ball off. He's come in and given us some stability at QB which we desperately needed so Im very proud of how well #3 has performed.

That being said, I havent seen anything from him to conclude he's the future of the franchise and should be the unquestioned starter. Matt did a great job of letting the games come to him and not force things, but we never saw him have to really handle an adverse situation. We never were in a spot where we had to rely on Matt's arm to win us a game. Id like our future QB to be a guy who does more than just manage games and rely on our running game. The last thing this franchise needs is to annoint another QB premarturely with big contracts, no competition, etc because all you are doing is creating another "untouchable" like Delhomme with no trophy to show for it. I wont be sold on Moore until he does like all the other QBs in this league and lead us to a playoff or winning record. Id like to see the Panthers bring in a FA in the offseason with the intent of UPGRADING our QB position. I also would not be opposed to us spending a 2nd day pick on one either. Neither will probably happen as we will keep Delhomme, and treat Matt Moore going from #2 to #1 on the depth chart as UPGRADING QB.

Before Moore started we needed serious help at QB, a high draft pick or a respected vet.

Now I feel like we still need to check around in the offseason but moore has earned the right to compete and it should be his job to lose.

5 games isn't enough but he's certainly impressed. No reason why they shouldn't have confidence and so far he looks to be a great starter.

We will never get the QB fixed until Fox is gone.

Fox is too conservative and refuses to build a WR core to balance the team.

With what Moore has had on field, he has impressed me thus far.

I am not sild on him yet, but he should definetly be #1 on the depth chart right now.

I would like to see him compete but not with our other qbs currently on the roster

He's proven he's what Delhomme used to be when he first got here. A guy that could manage a game, make key throws when needed, and is excellent at handing the ball off. He's come in and given us some stability at QB which we desperately needed so Im very proud of how well #3 has performed.

That being said, I havent seen anything from him to conclude he's the future of the franchise and should be the unquestioned starter. Matt did a great job of letting the games come to him and not force things, but we never saw him have to really handle an adverse situation. We never were in a spot where we had to rely on Matt's arm to win us a game. Id like our future QB to be a guy who does more than just manage games and rely on our running game. The last thing this franchise needs is to annoint another QB premarturely with big contracts, no competition, etc because all you are doing is creating another "untouchable" like Delhomme with no trophy to show for it. I wont be sold on Moore until he does like all the other QBs in this league and lead us to a playoff or winning record. Id like to see the Panthers bring in a FA in the offseason with the intent of UPGRADING our QB position. I also would not be opposed to us spending a 2nd day pick on one either. Neither will probably happen as we will keep Delhomme, and treat Matt Moore going from #2 to #1 on the depth chart as UPGRADING QB.

Have you not seen enough because he is white? Or, because he is not black. :eek::eek:

Archived