• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox's best interest

carolinanimal

if you look at the john fox contract situation, i think it is in his best interest to leave this year. look at it this way

if john fox stays next year and does just OK or we are one and done in the playoffs. , he probably wont be extended. with the possibility of a lockout in 2011, he may be off for a year w/o pay and no possible contract for the future. no idea where he could go.

or he could take us to the superbowl and get a major extension. But even that is a 1/32 chance. not good odds.

as we all know fox is a conservative coach. he doesnt take a lot of risks. so why would he risk it all on year not knowing what will happen, when he could look for a long term deal somewhere else and have security for him and more importantly his family for the next couple of years?

Thats why i think it is in his best interest to look for a deal with maybe cleveland or buffalo if possible.

As I have said and is in my sig, This is a make or break season for Fox. Win the Superbowl stay on as coach. Get there and lose.....gone. With a possible lock out in 2011, this is smat business on JRs part and Fox can't really blame him for doing it this way, especially after the way the 2009 season played out.

john fox isnt leaving this year. give it up people......give it up.

i am not saying he will leave. i am just saying that it is in HIS best interest to leave. not for fans or money but his best interests.

does anyone know of any other times a coach has played out his contract to the end in the last 10-15 years or so? just curious.

Why does everyone think that coaches still get paid in the event of a lockout? I don't think this is correct.. players and coaches do not get paid in the event of a lockout.. so it doesn't matter if Fox has a contract in place for that year or not.

Why does everyone think that coaches still get paid in the event of a lockout? I don't think this is correct.. players and coaches do not get paid in the event of a lockout.. so it doesn't matter if Fox has a contract in place for that year or not.

Most coaches contracts are guaranteed so they do get paid regardless. many player's contracts only have some parts guaranteed. So yeah it does matter.

Exactly. Plus Fox doesn't think like the OP proposed. He isn't hedging his bets. He expects to do well next year and go deep in the playoffs. Any coach worth their salt has to think that way.

every coach should think that way (except the rams). fox probably thought that way this year, but looked what happened. bad personnel decisions and other factors made this a bad season.

Archived