• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-24 Regular Season(non canes) thread

Panthers Fan 69

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Which team will be Carolina's opponent in round 1?

The islanders now control M3’s destiny after last night.

Mathematically based on record and remaining records, not betting or dynamic stats.

Islanders - 42% (green aka controls destiny)

Pens - 25%

Capitals - 22%

Flyers - 10%

Devils <1%

None of them have a particularly easy schedule, with the Flyers and Capitals(16th and Islanders and Pens(17th), playing their last games against each other. 

10 hours ago, philit99 said:

My feeling is Guentzel will try to resign back in Pittsburgh. Just a feeling.

Guentzel actually addressed the possibility of re-signing in Pittsburgh while we were in Pittsburgh for our last game against them.

Guentzel on re-signing in Pittsburgh:

“I don’t know. That’s … I don’t know,” Guentzel responded. “We’ll just see how this year goes. And I really like it in Carolina.”

I think he’ll stay in Carolina on a 8x$8.5 or someone will come in and offer him a 8x$10M which he won’t be able to turn down.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Guentzel actually addressed the possibility of re-signing in Pittsburgh while we were in Pittsburgh for our last game against them.

Guentzel on re-signing in Pittsburgh:

“I don’t know. That’s … I don’t know,” Guentzel responded. “We’ll just see how this year goes. And I really like it in Carolina.”

I think he’ll stay in Carolina on a 8x$8.5 or someone will come in and offer him a 8x$10M which he won’t be able to turn down.

Guenz did follow a ton of custom home builders in the Carolina’s a few days ago on Instagram but I’m guessing it’s just due diligence in case he resigns here. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Guenz did follow a ton of custom home builders in the Carolina’s a few days ago on Instagram but I’m guessing it’s just due diligence in case he resigns here. 

Hoping that we get a deal done but won’t be shocked when Montreal or some team comes through and offers him a 8x$10M.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m at the point that I want the Canes to tank against Boston and help them get the WC2 team so that NYR has to play Tampa in round one.

Eh, don’t forget the rangers got the islanders twice. Plus the sneaky Canadians tonight. If the Habs can win I’d be less inclined to tank to maximize our points vs. everyone else. 

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Eh, don’t forget the rangers got the islanders twice. Plus the sneaky Canadians tonight. If the Habs can win I’d be less inclined to tank to maximize our points vs. everyone else. 

Islanders are 5-1 in their last 6 games though, they are playing well.