• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Double Trouble on field together

Brokenbad

if we get a good WR2 i could see it happening... that's a hell of a lot of poison for defenses to have to pick. commit to stopping one of the two Troubles? single coverage on one or two of our epic wide receivers. roll coverage to the receivers? one of the RBs will rape you. try to cover both? defense, meet dante rosario and jeff king.

need that WR2 for it to happen consistently and successfully, IMO.

I think it'd be interesting to see, but it's obvious that Fox and company love the rotation of the two backs. It makes sense to me. It's been working great and keeps one of them well rested while the other does their share of the work.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing 4-5 plays per game utilizing both backs on the field for some trickery. At this point, how can you not? Teams now see that we have two backs that can easily surpass 1,000 yards each.

I guess another concern would be that if we keep another back out there simply for blocking or tricks, it increases the chance of them being injured.

Putting them both on the field completely eliminates the whole point of having them both imo. The point is to be able to rotate and not lose effectiveness with the run game by having two top tier running backs who are constantly rested.

Putting them both on the field completely eliminates the whole point of having them both imo. The point is to be able to rotate and not lose effectiveness with the run game by having two top tier running backs who are constantly rested.

i think you may have looked too shallow at this, I dont think you have to keep them in there all the time together it isnt an all or none thing. but you could put them in there sometimes in that package and they shouldnt get too tired. Im not saying i deff want them to to this or not but io dont think the should not try it a few times a game to avoid being tired. does that make since?

Archived