• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The New #3 In Charlotte

Seltzer

If you’re a running team, you have to be great at it, and great in other areas.

But, if you're a passing team, you only have to be great in that one area? Who is this writer, he sounds like a regular huddle guy? This "article" is a long rant that starts by calling for Fox's firing, hopes for Cowher to replace him, admits that Cowher would run more or less the same type of offense(the one where you have to be great at everything), calls Dwayne Jarrett a star in the making based on one game, then seems to convince himself that maybe Fox isn't so bad and he will likely lead the Panthers to the playoffs next year.

On the national level, Dale Earnhardt is still the most transcedent "athlete" to come from the Charlotte area.

Yes, maybe some amount of hyperbole but ironic in the sense that as a Panthers fan, I am hopeful Matt Moore could possibly be as famous and successful a #3 as Earnhardt.

Come on, you know you have to make some sort of an exaggeration or overreaction to get much of a response from this board... :)

didnt know motosport racers were consider athletes....

Geezz, has this guy who wrote this article been reading my posts this past year? He didn't mention much about STs' help, but the rest of it was spot on. The only disagreement I have is in his determination that Jarrett could be a star elsewhere, where Drew carter couldn't be. I think that's unfair given that Carter was hurt in the preseason before the start of the '08 season with Oakland, and hasn't been seen since. If his injuries are so severe that his career is over, that's a shame. I thought Carter showed good potential here, and was sorry to see him go after the '07 season.

But other than that, this article is oh-so accurate..

Archived