• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weird Dream last night and the night before and the night before

Cat

Wow! Got a lot going on here...

I've had a lot of similar dreams the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Like last night I was in NY trying to get a taxi but couldn't. I was in a hurry.

If I had to guess, this would indicate a certain level of impatience with something or someone in your life right now... Maybe it's with life in general?

I asked a lady for help. she said if I ride this roller coaster that she was operating (random i know) then I would be able to get a taxi. I was stuck on the roller coaster forever and it was making me crazy late.

Here, I think the roller coaster symbolizes the emotions of life and life itself. It's full of ups and downs, and sometimes we all are looking towards the end of the ride. The woman, although you didn't recognize her, could possibly be a woman from your past in a different form. This woman from your past is someone whom you felt had a great deal of control over you and your life.

I finally got off and started walking down the street again but still couldn't find a taxi.

This is your breaking away from the woman mentioned above. At some point in your life, maybe you had a transition where you moved yourself far away from this woman.

I found myself stuck in this building complex with no roads around. I asked a guy for help and he told me to go the 12 floor of the building and I would find an exit that leads to a road.

To me, the buildings are representative of choices life throws at you. You don't know what buildings to go into and as such, maybe you have issues with making decisions?

The number 12 has some significance related to a conflict between the physical and spiritual aspects of things, and from our talks in the past, I think that is what is going on here.

Instead I when I went to the 12th floor I was suddenly in a museum with a bunch of stuff about Galileo.

I think this represents that you lean towards the scientific aspect of things instead of the spiritual. You want to find out about the spiritual aspects, but cannot get past the scientific.

I went out the exit and instead of being on a road I was on a roof top with tons of pools, there was a party going on and everyone was having a good time but for some reason i didn't want to be there i wasn't even interested.

This could represent a feeling of being caught in the middle of all the things mentioned above. Life itself, spirituality, and science. Maybe you see others that have chosen the luxury of picking a proverbial "side" and that they have the luxury of not worrying about the things you worry about. IE. Religious people having a good time because all they need is faith, and the scientific folks being content with either not knowing the answers or disregarding the spiritual realm completely. Those were the people "having a good time" and you weren't interested because you don't want to pick a "side."

I could see the road way down but had no clue how to get to it.

We all feel like this sometimes. We're lost. Some people take the easy way out and take a side, but you're caught in the middle and refuse to completely give in to faith or knowledge.

I don't think I ever got my taxi.

Some of us never will, and for that reason alone, our lives will be a constant struggle to understand the often non-understandable.

NOTHING is wrong with you. We all have dreams. Some have meaning and some do not.

If it makes you feel any better, I think this one did have meaning, and maybe understanding that meaning will make the dream stop being so repetitive.

Just learn to let go of inner conflicts. We all have them, but until you are able to focus your energy on something else, they will continue to bother you.

Hope I helped!

Wow SLJ that's pretty good. I definitely think you hit on a couple of things, especially the thing with Galileo that is so specific and fits right in with what you're talking about. I was talking to my husband about it last night and remembered a couple more things.

I think the 2 people in the dream that were so sure of themselves and then misdirected me has something to do with trust issues I'm dealing with. I felt so lost and helpless in the dream. This dream in particular felt different from other dreams I've had.

Dreams are very personal and speak to the specific emotional life of the dreamer. The "surest guide to the meaning of a dream is the feeling and judgment of the dreamer himself or herself, who, deep down inside, knows its real meaning" (Baker). This theory seems to be based upon the fact that most dreams are about things that have occurred within the past day or two and reflect the dreamer's present life and concerns, including unresolved feelings. This theory also implies that the interpretation of dreams can play a significant role in self-discovery; for, dreams reflect feelings and desires of which we are not conscious when awake. We may have anxieties or desires that only our dreams can reveal.

A related theory is that dreams are "watchdogs of the psyche" (Baker). Dreams are mechanisms that inform and guide our feelings and emotions. In short, this theory maintains that dreams are a way for us to express our desires and fears that, for whatever reason, need to be expressed but are not expressed when awake. If this is true, it would seem to follow that only one very intimate with the dreamer should attempt to interpret a particular dream.

http://www.skepdic.com/dreams.html

I have a certain level of control over my dreams. Have since college. Once had a dream where Freddy Kreuger showed up on my porch. I popped Wolverine's claws and kicked his ass.

Most recent dream: Walked out of my sister's house and things didn't look right. Said to myself "I think this is a dream". Tried to hover just to test it out (I can always fly and/or hover in my dreams) and was successful, so I flew around for a bit.

I can do the same thing on a regular basis. I can even do it as I fall asleep.

Are you the spawn of an alien/human liasion like me? :D

I can do the same thing on a regular basis. I can even do it as I fall asleep.

Are you the spawn of an alien/human liasion like me? :D

Honestly, one day in a philosophy class, my professor told me that i could control my dreams. Ever since that day, I've been able to do it.

(wish he would have told me I could make millions of dollars doing nothing; maybe I'd be able to do that now too)

Archived