• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Entitlement.....

Johnny Rockets

Guess who just got taken off my insurance policy a day after I added him on? Someone is not getting their license this week. Shame cause he has enough money in his bank to pay for 3 years worth of insurance.

It is a shame, he is a great kid (my best friend), does great in school, and we never have arguments until last night and I lost it. I am honestly disgusted by the whole thing and more disgusted to find out that his claims of his friends getting cars paid for and insurance, gas paid for are all true.

Dad just threw down $7,000 for 4 wisdom teeth getting cut out and some braces to give you a great smile later on in life. Insurance and gas.....not a chance. Bad thing is that I even said I would pay for the insurance until summer came and he started working, but the rest of the year was on him.

Obviously he hasn't used the "but dad, I'm just trying to get laid" angle.

:driving:

My parents paid for everything and didn't want me to work because they wanted me to enjoy my youth. Very nice and sweet of them. That being said I will be doing things differently with my son. I will give him a car but he is responsible for gas, insurance and most of his entertainment.

oh yeah I was....still am completely spoiled. just being honest

My son may only be two weeks old but his first car is sitting in the garage and I'll happily give him that car. Insurance and gas? hell no, poor kid is gonna be raised the same way I was, which was, If you can't afford it you don't really need it.

My son may only be two weeks old but his first car is sitting in the garage and I'll happily give him that car. Insurance and gas? hell no, poor kid is gonna be raised the same way I was, which was, If you can't afford it you don't really need it.

congrats on the baby...i didnt know when he came

When I was in High School, as long as I made good grades my dad paid for my insurance. The same for college. But as soon as I was done, it was my problem.

Seemed fair to me. I paid for gas and minor maintenance, and as long as I had good grades the insurance was on him.

But I'm all with you. If possible, my kid will pay for all he/she can. Its good preparation for the real world.

If it's the car I think it is, your son is lucky.

i dont understand insurance. i dont have my own car so i told my parents that i dont need insurance. we have 3 cars, none of them are in my name. they insisted that i did because i drive to work all the time. as far as i know, my name is on their insurance and they pay for it. i told them when i buy MY OWN car, ill pay for MY OWN insurance and take me off their insurance because it doesnt make sense to pay for that.

Congrats Z, and if I neglected to mention it, to you as well Sultan.

As to the car thing.......ugh.

My situation is considerably different than my parents.

I paid for my car, my gas, we split the insurance bump 50/50. It was the best they could do and I was thankful.

My wife and I could easily afford to buy our daughter and son a car, or more likely, hand me down our cars and maybe upgrade for ourselves :).

But I'm not sure if this is a good "teaching moment". Probably.

But I'd also like to provide what my parents could not.

Dunno.

I still have 12-14 years to think about it.

i dont understand insurance. i dont have my own car so i told my parents that i dont need insurance. we have 3 cars, none of them are in my name. they insisted that i did because i drive to work all the time. as far as i know, my name is on their insurance and they pay for it. i told them when i buy MY OWN car, ill pay for MY OWN insurance and take me off their insurance because it doesnt make sense to pay for that.

um usually insurance is mandatory in most states..im not sure but if u are driving any of their cars u will need insurance...if not then no thats stupid

Archived