• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demo

southcakalac

I really don't get your love for this game. You convinced me to rent the first one. Which seemed ok, but i couldn't get over the lag issues. This new one is complete poo. It's almost unplayable. It's cartoonish. You can't lay down.(or if you can i couldn't find it) You're shooting and you're never sure if you killed the person. When you spawn you come floating out of mid air. Picking guns and other things is so confusing. I played 5 minutes of it and was so pissed i wasted 20 minutes of my life waiting for it to download. The servers and game play just don't compare to the CoD series. We need to get up and play CoD though. Started to invite you over the weekend but you were playing that god awful demo. :)

The demo took awhile to get into, but once I did, it was awesome. I agree with Britneck, it was very difficult to kill people at first. It takes a lot more ammo and you can set the sensitivity way up like on MW2, so it feels like it takes forever to turn.

I REALLY love vehicles. It seems like they've fine tuned the helicopter controls to make them usable.

Oh, and the gratuitous yelling of "motherf*cker" by the characters is a bit over the top.

I really don't get your love for this game. You convinced me to rent the first one. Which seemed ok, but i couldn't get over the lag issues. This new one is complete poo. It's almost unplayable. It's cartoonish. You can't lay down.(or if you can i couldn't find it) You're shooting and you're never sure if you killed the person. When you spawn you come floating out of mid air. Picking guns and other things is so confusing. I played 5 minutes of it and was so pissed i wasted 20 minutes of my life waiting for it to download. The servers and game play just don't compare to the CoD series. We need to get up and play CoD though. Started to invite you over the weekend but you were playing that god awful demo. :)

Honestly I was like you at first. You have to give it more than 5 minutes. Floating?? Its called a parachute :D

Honestly I was like you at first. You have to give it more than 5 minutes. Floating?? Its called a parachute :D

Haha. I had no idea it was a parachute. That's kind of cool. Can the enemy not snipe you down though? I parachuted from the same spot every time. I will spend a little more time on it to see if it grows on me.

Haha. I had no idea it was a parachute. That's kind of cool. Can the enemy not snipe you down though? I parachuted from the same spot every time. I will spend a little more time on it to see if it grows on me.

You can squad spawn if want to. If you want help playing let me know, it is a bit confusing at first.

Once you blow up a humvee with a tank, level an entire building, or snipe someone halfway across one of those enormous maps, CoD will be forgotten.

Best thing about big maps? Less knifing.

Once you blow up a humvee with a tank, level an entire building, or snipe someone halfway across one of those enormous maps, CoD will be forgotten.

Best thing about big maps? Less knifing.

I've actually had MORE knife kills on BC2 than on MW2. Its a lot easier to sneak up on someone because its hard to tell who's friend or foe sometimes.

True, I actually knife a lot more in BFBC, because you can sneak up behind someone very easily, especially as my beloved sniper. But I think knifing is more tactical BFBC2. Hiding, stalking, and assassinating. And I avoid going in buildings for fear of getting knifed. I guess the point is, knifing is avoidable in BFBC, and when you get a knife kill you earned it.

On those claustrophobic COD mapsm where you're never more than a few feet away from anybody, people just knife because it's faster than shooting. It's all about reaction time, not skill. What you end up getting in COD are those guys kamakazi charging at you from 30 feet away, magically evading all of your bullets, and knifing you from 15 feet away with commando.

Archived