• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 9 or also known as 'As the Harbrough Turns'

jayboogieman

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're just not quite at that level of team just yet.

Thank you for proving my point.  

In this conference, with this talent, with this year's schedule, this team should be to that level. 

If you're fine being 8-5 or 9-4 every year, thats cool.  That's just not what I expect from a team with this caliber of talent, in a subpar conference with an insanely favorable schedule.  

Just now, JVic said:

Thank you for proving my point.  

In this conference, with this talent, with this year's schedule, this team should be to that level. 

If you're fine being 8-5 or 9-4 every year, thats cool.  That's just not what I expect from a team with this caliber of talent, in a subpar conference with an insanely favorable schedule.  

You're being delusional. We were 2-9 and haven't had a losing season with Mack yet. We're 6-1 and recruiting well. If we lose 4 or 5 games then we can have a different conversation.

If you think this team has legit top 10 talent you're lying to yourself. A big part of Mack's success this go around is landing two legit NFL caliber QBs. We've largely been overachieving versus our overall talent level. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've largely been overachieving versus our overall talent level. 

If we played in the SEC, I'd agree.  Minus Clemson (and maybe Duke) this season, we are 2 TDs better than everyone on our schedule.  The loss to UVA is unacceptable on so many levels, but mainly coaching and preparation. 

Let's re-assess in 5 weeks.  No point in pissing and moaning amongst ourselves until the season plays out.  If we go 12-1, win the ACC title and I get to go to Miami again I'll be fine with that. 

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The refs just cheated Kansas out of a turnover and Oklahoma scores a TD

Refs should not be hired by the conferences. There's just way too many financial incentives to get a team into the playoffs. There's just way too many extremely questionable flags benefitting playoff contenders in-conference every single year. Maybe going to 12 teams will help clean up some of that incentive.

But honestly, a lot of times it does feel like straight up game rigging for the teams with playoff aspirations.

• Pie 1