• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are going 6-6 aren't we

RumHam

9 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

This is just nonsense

Look at our schedule, our 6 losses are against 4 first place teams and the other 2 losses are to teams who are in second place to one of those other losses.

Dolphins, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons are all in first, Vikings and Saints are both in 2nd to one of them.

Sure, maybe we should have been able to beat one or both of the Falcons or Saints, but realistically, we aren't a good enough team yet to beat the others.  I'm not saying we're some amazing team of course, still have lots of holes and I'm not sold on Bryce having true elite potential, but we can be a decent team the rest of the year.

Colts, Bears, Titans, Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Packers, Bucs are all winnable games, the Falcons and Saints are the only teams in that group that aren't below .500 and they're only each 4-4 themselves.

I think they'll be able to ride this momentum to be up for and win the game against Frank's old team in the Colts at home, then carry that momentum to beat the bad Bears on the road to get to 3-6.  Say we lose to the Cowboys and Jags as I figure we will and that is 8 losses.

If we then go even just 3-3 in the other 6 games and we finish 6-11.  Not quite what we wanted coming into the season, but that would be a more than respectable finish for a team that started 0-6 and looked as bad as we did in doing so.

Problem with the upcoming 2 winnable  games is the matchup they present.  NFL is just matchups.   Which makes them harder matchups for us vs others. 

Bears and Colts both have top 10 rush attacks.   They complicates them for us and makes them less easy games for us than they initially appear.  Because our run defense is garbage. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Problem with the upcoming 2 winnable  games is the matchup they present.  NFL is just matchups.   Which makes them harder matchups for us vs others. 

Bears and Colts both have top 10 rush attacks.   They complicates them for us and makes them less easy games for us than they initially appear.  Because our run defense is garbage. 

The good news is that the Bears' pass rush is ass, so that should alleviate some stress on the OL