• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Ball! Who Gets It?

Carl Spackler

Game Ball! Who Gets It?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the game ball?

• Bryce Young
    • Brian Burns
    • Frankie Luvu
    • Eddy Pineiro
    • Adam Thielen
    • Xavier Woods
    • Thomas Brown
    • Other (Name Your Choice)
    • CJ Stroud bc he's my fav ❤️

Rookie QB led us down the field and burned every second off the clock to set up an easy field goal. To me, it's him. Definitely an argument to be made for Luvu, Theilen, Brown. Heck, the entire defense should be recognized. The Texans had been playing much better than that offensively. 

15 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think it was less about trying to freeze the kicker than it was just trying to time the snap perfectly to try and get the block for the win, especially the second one after we got the 15 yarder, at that point the FG was a gimme anyways.

So if you don't guess the snap and are offsides, either he still makes it and it doesn't matter, or he misses/blocked because of the offsides and he has to try again.  But if you happen to guess perfectly on the snap, you have a chance at a block to win the game, just no downside to trying to guess it and get lucky.

The mistake was by the refs blowing the second one dead, should have just let it go and it would have been over since he made it anyways.

"Head coach Frank Reich said that flurry of intentional penalties and jumping offsides is a strategy he has seen deployed before to try to "rattle" a kicker, and he complimented Piñeiro's steadiness in the face of chaos."

https://www.panthers.com/news/eddy-pineiro-s-game-winning-field-goal-the-exclamation-point-to-first-win

Yes, it was intentional.  No 'mistiming,' rather an intention ploy to shake the kicker.  I think if the defense jumps offsides on a FG  as a result of having no timeouts left to ice the kicker, the player is ejected and they have to play with 10 men for the down.