• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Staley is not coming to the Hornets.

She probably goes back to Virginia if anything.

She will not coach another college team except SC for a long time. Not sure if you are familiar with college coach contracts but a thing called a ‘buyout’ exists. There’s not a school in America that would touch her buyout right now.

It’s either the NBA or South Carolina.

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

She will not coach another college team except SC for a long time. Not sure if you are familiar with college coach contracts but a thing called a ‘buyout’ exists. There’s not a school in America that would touch her buyout right now.

It’s either the NBA or South Carolina.

NBA is not a option.

If they hire a woman HC it will be Hammon who gets that first opportunity.

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NBA is not a option.

If they hire a woman HC it will be Hammon who gets that first opportunity.

Disagree, especially from the Hornets perspective, Staley has proven success has a head coach, Hammon does not.

Not to mention Staley is a local. She led the Sting to the WNBA Finals.

Staley has a much better chance of becoming the Hornets HC than Hammon, though I do agree, it’s unlikely Staley will be the HC of the Hornets.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Disagree, especially from the Hornets perspective, Staley has proven success has a head coach, Hammon does not.

Not to mention Staley is a local. She led the Sting to the WNBA Finals.

Staley has a much better chance of becoming the Hornets HC than Hammon, though I do agree, it’s unlikely Staley will be the HC of the Hornets.

We can disagree. These are just opinions at the end of the day. None of us really know what will happen.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We can disagree. These are just opinions at the end of the day. None of us really know what will happen.

I mean I do agree it’s unlikely she’s in the NBA, she has a sweet gig, why leave.

If I was her I wouldn’t even want the Hornets job.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Definitely didn't see that one coming. 

I did.

Kentucky is a blue blood in college basketball. That team hasn't won a Nat'l championship since 2012 and Calipari has been producing star NBA talent ever since he took over. Some of the best players in the NBA have all came from Kentucky. The fact he only had 1 Nat'l championship despite have the best recruiting classes was a red flag. Kentucky was ready to move on and Calipari obviously felt that pressure to leave.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Calipari hasn't been "producing" poo in terms of NBA talent. They just can't go straight to the draft out of HS so they have to stop in Lexington or Durham for a cup of coffee first.

I now believe you when you say you don't watch NBA basketball.

There is no other HC in college basketball who has produced more NBA talent than Calipari.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I now believe you when you say you don't watch NBA basketball.

There is no other HC in college basketball who has produced more NBA talent than Calipari.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. Those guys were already high level NBA prospects before they ever stepped foot in Lexington (or Durham). They just weren't draft eligible so they had to play a year of college ball. That year of college ball did nothing for their draft prospects. They were already considered elite prospects. They would've been drafted at pretty much the same spot straight out of HS. Let's be real, you're not doing much development in one year of college basketball. Cal didn't do poo for them. He just took advantage of a system that required those kids to play outside of the NBA for a year post-HS.

• Pie 1