• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

I remember a handful of you guys trying to put Hubert on the hot seat after last year.

Look at Hubert got this team as a #1 seed. Duke can get all the top recruits they want. One thing for sure the best HC in the state of North Carolina is Hubert MF'n Davis!

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I remember a handful of you guys trying to put Hubert on the hot seat after last year.

Look at Hubert got this team as a #1 seed. Duke can get all the top recruits they want. One thing for sure the best HC in the state of North Carolina is Hubert MF'n Davis!

Hubert did an awful job last year. He's been MUCH better this year. I really think it was hard for him with Love and RJ. They're both great college players but they're not good running mates. It's tough with two shoot first guards who feel like they're competing for shots. When the shots are falling it can really work but when they aren't it's ugly. I just didn't like how he refused to develop or play a bench. That's been the big improvement this year. He's not running his starting five into the ground. Tired players aren't good players.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hubert did an awful job last year. He's been MUCH better this year. I really think it was hard for him with Love and RJ. They're both great college players but they're not good running mates. It's tough with two shoot first guards who feel like they're competing for shots. When the shots are falling it can really work but when they aren't it's ugly. I just didn't like how he refused to develop or play a bench. That's been the big improvement this year. He's not running his starting five into the ground. Tired players aren't good players.

The roster wasn't that great last year and Caleb was a big reason why our offense couldn't function at a high level. I was the happiest guy when I saw he transferred to Arizona. The guy just takes wild shots. When he's hot he is great, but when he's off my goodness he kills the team.

We simply brought in smarter high IQ players this year. The biggest difference is RJ. I didn't think he had the ability to be one of the top scorers in the country. He's been a reliable scoring option.

As for Hubert is was never realistic for him to be on the hotseat. Sure he had a down year, but the man had us in the Nat'l championship game the year before in his 1st season! We got a damn good coach. 

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The roster wasn't that great last year and Caleb was a big reason why our offense couldn't function at a high level. I was the happiest guy when I saw he transferred to Arizona. The guy just takes wild shots. When he's hot he is great, but when he's off my goodness he kills the team.

We simply brought in smarter high IQ players this year. The biggest difference is RJ. I didn't think he had the ability to be one of the top scorers in the country. He's been a reliable scoring option.

As for Hubert is was never realistic for him to be on the hotseat. Sure he had a down year, but the man had us in the Nat'l championship game the year before in his 1st season! We got a damn good coach. 

Hubert is one of my all-time favorite players. He and Pete Chilcutt are my earliest remembered favorite players. He just couldn't figure it out with RJ and Love. Hell, Roy couldn't either. Great players just not a good pairing on the same roster. 

I'll always love Caleb Love though. He or RJ one had to go but I'll always remember him for handling K his last two losses and carrying us to the title game. If we don't win it all this year I hope he does.

• Beer 1

If State could make the tournament I could see them having a long run. They have a post presence in Burns. If guys could hit 3's they a have team that could advance very far.

Not sure they can win the ACC tournament though, so they likely won't get in.