• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, toldozer said:
On 12/2/2023 at 12:06 AM, RayRedd said:

PSL owner = fan.

Psl owner = opportunist 30 years ago.  When they were introduced Richardson shouldn't have allowed resell companies to buy so fuging many of the psls

What's a "resell company"?

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m In the same place 

one year left   Had them for 23 years 

i will not support David Tepper 

people say they ‘just let them go’.  

I don’t see how that is possible without a financial penalty given the contract

I moved to the West Coast this year.  I can’t even give the seats away

mine are section 342.  Silver Club Panthers side.  Under the overhang in the shade and optional lot 1 parking pass.  

I can’t tell anyone how sad I am to let go but Tepper has ruined it…totally ruined it

309 underhang too and it stinks for sure because they have been in the family since they were building out the stadium. 2 years ago I balked at just letting them go, like they have to be worth a good dinner or cheap weekend somewhere but nope they are worthless with no end in sight.

Just now, Waldo said:

309 underhang too and it stinks for sure because they have been in the family since they were building out the stadium. 2 years ago I balked at just letting them go, like they have to be worth a good dinner or cheap weekend somewhere but nope they are worthless with no end in sight.

Yeah

i don’t know what ‘let them go means’ 

Ie, just don’t pay the 2024 invoice and think the Panthers won’t come after the money and ruin my credit  in the  process ? 

• Beer 1

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Yeah

i don’t know what ‘let them go means’ 

Ie, just don’t pay the 2024 invoice and think the Panthers won’t come after the money and ruin my credit  in the  process ? 

My contract is up in 24 so if I don't resign a new contract then I can walk with no obligations in 25. They will absolutely sale that to a credit agency for cents on the dollar so I am hoping I can sell them on the PSL exchange for no cost but the Panther's transfer fees. If not it's walk or suck it up and pay another year to avoid the credit hit.   

7 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

Companies that buys PSLs to just sale the game tickets. It's a business not a person that holds those PSLs. I have no idea how any of them doing that with the Panthers are still in business at this point. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Companies that buys PSLs to just sale the game tickets. It's a business not a person that holds those PSLs. I have no idea how any of them doing that with the Panthers are still in business at this point. 

My guess would be because they don't own just tickets to the panthers

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RayRedd said:

Before stubhub razorgator and the multitude of resale sites ticket brokers purchased huge amount of event tickets to resell. Then Much like airbnb and the like some people figured out it was more profitable to not actually buy the tickets but to just charge a transaction fee for the privilege of selling your tickets on their platform.  Their are still lots of ticket brokers around and they purchased psls in mass in the beginning. 

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, Waldo said:
23 hours ago, RayRedd said:

's a "resell company"?

What are the names of these "companies"?  

How many are there?  

How many PSL's do they own?

14 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

What are the names of these "companies"?  

How many are there?  

How many PSL's do they own?

But some of the cheaper PSLs in San Francisco will be good investments, according to Greg Carl, president of PSL Source, a website that invests in PSLs and processes PSL transactions. From 2012 but holds. 

The rest IDK. Call them and ask or just google it. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

"PSL" and "investment" are mutually exclusive concepts -- that's carnival barking at its finest!

Greg Carl is conflicted and can't be trusted because he owns PSL Source https://www.pslsource.com/about_psl_source which interestingly is based in Charlotte!

Carl and several other like minded guys sued the Titans in 2021 because the Titans eere making life miserable for them and trying to get them to go away:  https://www.paulkuharsky.com/media/2021-03-19_Complaint.pdf

Other teams are following suit as they effort to take scalpers out of the mix:  https://www.nbcsports.com/nhl/news/jets-cancel-season-ticket-accounts-for-scalping  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-strip-season-tickets-from-fans-who-have-been-selling-them-for-profit/

It does appear there's an underground "economy" of sorts in the ticket world but I'd suspect Panthers ticket moving around in said economy number in the hundreds...not the thousands.

15 minutes ago, toldozer said:
35 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

Do we have any way to corroborate this supposition?

Being older then 15 and remembering when the psls were sold

What kind of numbers do you remember?  How many?

17 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

What kind of numbers do you remember?  How many?

I'm not going to give a number that I don't know but it's more than 0. Why are you so he'll bent on arguing that a good % of psls are owned by resellers league wide

Edited by toldozer