• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

On 1/1/2024 at 12:38 PM, raleigh-panther said:

Yeah

i don’t know what ‘let them go means’ 

Ie, just don’t pay the 2024 invoice and think the Panthers won’t come after the money and ruin my credit  in the  process ? 

I plan on just not paying and let them figure it out. There is really nothing they can do to harm me. A minor credit hit that will drop off eventually is less painful than continuing to pay these bums.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

"PSL" and "investment" are mutually exclusive concepts -- that's carnival barking at its finest!

Greg Carl is conflicted and can't be trusted because he owns PSL Source https://www.pslsource.com/about_psl_source which interestingly is based in Charlotte!

Carl and several other like minded guys sued the Titans in 2021 because the Titans eere making life miserable for them and trying to get them to go away:  https://www.paulkuharsky.com/media/2021-03-19_Complaint.pdf

Other teams are following suit as they effort to take scalpers out of the mix:  https://www.nbcsports.com/nhl/news/jets-cancel-season-ticket-accounts-for-scalping  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-strip-season-tickets-from-fans-who-have-been-selling-them-for-profit/

It does appear there's an underground "economy" of sorts in the ticket world but I'd suspect Panthers ticket moving around in said economy number in the hundreds...not the thousands.

No idea how many but it went up before JR sold and I don't know who else wants them in Carolina now. Scalpers sold tickets illegally and these guys do it above the board, especially since all tickets are now electronic. You can list the tickets for however much you want and if someone pays then it's a done deal. 

Lol those Jets are NHL in Canada and the Broncos were forced non-renewals so they didn't cancel them mid contract but not allow them to renew while those went to upgrades and their waiting list. I saw the PSLs for sale today for Carolina and there is absolutely not a waiting list here. I wish Tepper would yank mine next season so I could get out of them a year early.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I plan on just not paying and let them figure it out. There is really nothing they can do to harm me. A minor credit hit that will drop off eventually is less painful than continuing to pay these bums.

7 years just never say one word to a credit collector or it starts over again. 

Some bills shouldn't be paid but I will ask to turn them in first though I doubt they will when they make some of it back selling to a collector agency. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Some bills shouldn't be paid but I will ask to turn them in first though I doubt they will when they make some of it back selling to a collector agency. 

Yep. It's rare many of them pursue it very long. I have used that to my advantage for a couple of unscrupulous companies over the years. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, toldozer said:
42 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

What kind of numbers do you remember?  How many?

I'm not going to give a number that I don't know but it's more than 0. Why are you so he'll bent on arguing that a good % of psls are owned by resellers league wide

Actually, I believe the opposite -- the % of overall seats controlled by full-time scalpers who have gone to the trouble to actually buy a PSL/s is minuscule, IMO.

In the case  of the Panthers, probably less than 100.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. It's rare many of them pursue it very long. I have used that to my advantage for a couple of unscrupulous companies over the years. 

I did it once. Said fug you not paying and just blocked calls when they did come in. 

They sell over time so it goes quite and then some other agency buys in bulk and then you get a new round of calls so it comes in waves and the older it is the less they call. I had a friend that went on to become a lawyer and he specializes in suing those companies and loves it because they are always pulling crap on people who don't know better. 

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just tell them you paid for PSLs to watch a professional football team. The Tepper led Panthers don't qualify. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol those Jets are NHL in Canada and the Broncos were forced non-renewals so they didn't cancel them mid contract but not allow them to renew while those went to upgrades and their waiting list.

I'm aware of all that but it goes to the point that teams everywhere are taking measures to keep tickets in the hands of the real fan.

There's a narrative out there suggesting large swaths of Panthers Stadium seats are controlled by disinterested third-party "resellers", seeing no evidence to support that case.

2 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

I'm aware of all that but it goes to the point that teams everywhere are taking measures to keep tickets in the hands of the real fan.

There's a narrative out there suggesting large swaths of Panthers Stadium seats are controlled by disinterested third-party "resellers", seeing no evidence to support that case.

I see no evidence there isn't a chunk in their hands either. There is nothing out there at all that I could find and there is no sign the Panthers care. I do know tons of PSLs and tickets are up for sale so the Panthers taking a hard stance would just blow up in their face. Hell the team tried to get me to buy more so there is no waiting list either, what gave the Broncos the backing to make their move also 2 years removed from a SB. 

I have no idea what size the chunk is but it is there. I have sold or just let go empty every game this year. Please punish me NFL lol. 

32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I see no evidence there isn't a chunk in their hands either. There is nothing out there at all that I could find and there is no sign the Panthers care. I do know tons of PSLs and tickets are up for sale so the Panthers taking a hard stance would just blow up in their face. Hell the team tried to get me to buy more so there is no waiting list either, what gave the Broncos the backing to make their move also 2 years removed from a SB. 

I have no idea what size the chunk is but it is there. I have sold or just let go empty every game this year. Please punish me NFL lol. 

Whatever the number is it doesn't move the needle on what color jersey walks through the gates -- it's regular owners like you who provide 99.9% of tickets to opposing fans on a game-by-game basis...

...and I fully support your right to do so.

This idea that a PSL owner is bound by some imaginary code to be sure their ticket/s don't go to an opposing fan is nonsense!  May the highest bidder win!!

FYI, on the marketplace today there are 485 listings representing 1,183 seats -- that's up 18 and 47 respectively from 2 weeks ago.  However that's down 365 and 949 from May of 2022.

In the grand scheme of things the PSL ownership base, which exceeds 60,000, is very sticky through thick and thin -- and there is no shortage of newcomers in Charlotte who want to get involved and these days they can do so on the cheap!!

Edited by RayRedd