• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A more fair statement...

Zod

I hear what you are saying, but if I felt there was a legitimate threat communicated to me, I would not sit idle and wait for it to materialize. I can not see any rational person doing that. That being said, NO ONE did anything about the threats (legally speaking) that he had made. Why? Maybe they were not all that scared and frightened to begin with.

I do not know if you are a parent but I know for sure two people where who got threatened. If I was in that situation I would not report it either because you are not putting yourself in danger you are putting your kids & husband/wife in danger also. If I was single then it would be a whole different story. I am pretty sure you would be slightly frightened when they did enough research to find out your spouses & children's name.

Hawk - you were the one who warned me that he was talking of coming to kick Zod's ass and since I live about 3 miles from Zod, was very concerned. He had blown up my phone that day, the huddle was swamped with that thread, and he IMed and PMed me numerous times. He was very unstable that day.

First of all, CatofWar is a flaming idiot.

Now....I never paid attention to this guy as 9Lives. I saw some of his posts and really didn't want to get into it with him like others did. Kind of like Shinner now.

I didn't realize that he had become Electro. I thought Electro was a good dude and he, just like many on here say about him, would help you out if he could. If I didn't know how to post something, he would be the first to respond to tell me how. He repped me constantly and vice versa. And I'd get a note every time about how much he liked the post.

When his girlfriend posted the news, I was the first to respond and I immediately put him in my sig, and got several PMs from people who got the news by seeing it in my sig. Then someone sent me the news link...man, that stuff is just unforgivable. It really is. Starvation takes a long, long time. It's not a single decision to let animals suffer...it's waking up every day, looking at your animals (who are looking at you begging for food) and saying "Ahhh, fug em." His girlfriend said it was a misunderstanding. Are you freaking kidding me? There was hay and feed by the barn. People will gladly buy food for you. To say "he was too proud" is a cop out.

All of that said, I was willing to somewhat forgive him as an animal hoarder who was simply afraid of having his pets put down, until I started hearing from people on here who had to worry about their safety, or the safety of their families. So threats don't mean anything? Threaten the president, then. See how that works out for you. Having some lunatic drive four hours each way driving by your house isn't something to be concerned about? Read the newspaper. There are stories every day of nutjobs killing someone over something really stupid.

If a lot of you want to remember him only as the guy who cooked your salmon for you at a tailgate, that's fine and that's your right. But to talk about honoring this man at the next tailgate is just effed up to the nth degree. There are several people who stopped coming to the tailgates because of his stupid schitt. The police, who see things all the time that would blow you away, said this was the worst case of animal neglect they had ever seen.

Stop promoting him as some kind of hero and those of us who were victims of his threats or battle animal cruelty will stop talking about the other side.

GTG...you are partly right...pretty tough to be worried from this far away...two additional points to add...and this is what bothers be the most right now...is that the last what, couple of years, he had been a much different person and I was willing to forgive and forget...and the other thing that dissapoints be very very much, is that regardless of his past...good or bad...I find it extremely distasteful that he hasn't even been laid to rest yet and people feel the need to start dragging him through the poo. That's pretty fuggen disrespectful in my opinion...this isn't some random person that we read about in the news...this was a welcome member of this message board...for years!

Guest CatofWar

I do not know if you are a parent but I know for sure two people where threatened along with the rest of the the family where. If I was them I would not report it either because you are not putting yourself in danger you are putting your kids & husband/wife in danger over. If I was single then it would be a whole different story. I am pretty sure you would be slightly frightened when they did enough research to find out your spouses & children's name.

I have kids, and me not acting on a threat that I believed to be legitimate would be irresponsible on my part. Why in the fug do we have ways of dealing with crimes like that if people are not willing to report them? Are most of you now abiding by the street code where you don't talk to the police? Give me a break. If you are scared, do something about it. Don't come here pretending to be a victim and throw out all kinds of "well what if...".

I was on the site before the crash and I remember him being a VERY unstable individual, and I don't blame those who were threatened for feeling the way they do.

On the other hand, I had no clue until today that 9L was, in fact, Electro. Though now it makes sense as far as his posting goes.

I didn't know him personally, I saw him at tailgates, but that's it. I feel sorry for his family and the animals, but I cant say I feel sorry for him. He chose to kill himself. I do however hope he finds peace in passing.

I have kids, and me not acting on a threat that I believed to be legitimate would be irresponsible on my part. Why in the f**k do we have ways of dealing with crimes like that if people are not willing to report them? Are most of you now abiding by the street code where you don't talk to the police? Give me a break. If you are scared, do something about it. Don't come here pretending to be a victim and throw out all kinds of "well what if...".

Nothing to do with a street code but sometimes it is better to let things cool off instead of heating them up and assuming they will blow over. You did not know him personally I assume so it is probably better you just stop talking about the situation. Like I posted before I told him everything I am posting now before his passing. RIP & I hope the family finds strength during this time.

I do not know if you are a parent but I know for sure two people where who got threatened. If I was in that situation I would not report it either because you are not putting yourself in danger you are putting your kids & husband/wife in danger also. If I was single then it would be a whole different story. I am pretty sure you would be slightly frightened when they did enough research to find out your spouses & children's name.

I'd agree that family status sometimes has a bigger bearing than other things.

I'm currently solo, but will likely be married by year's end. My future Mrs. is registered on here but doesn't really post. It'd be one thing if it were just me. I could be pretty cavalier about that. If someone threatened her though, I'd take that very seriously and act accordingly.

Guest CatofWar

No, the "story" is they guy made some threats on a message board. I personally would not be to concerned with that. People have chimed in that they look the threats as being legitimate (that means they think he might act out on those). If you think he would act out on those, report it. If you did not report it, you are a whining baby who wants to be a victim. Don't see why this is so hard to follow.

Archived