• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

Kurb

• 4 months later...

I just finished reading A Game of Thrones. It was a great change of pace after Jordan and Goodkind for sure.

NOW READ THEM ALL!!!!!111ONE!!11

If you haven't read the Kingkiller Chronicles (by Patrick Rothfuss - titled The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear) you ought to check them out too.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NOW READ THEM ALL!!!!!111ONE!!11

If you haven't read the Kingkiller Chronicles (by Patrick Rothfuss - titled The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear) you ought to check them out too.

Almost finished with ADWD, then I can stop hiding from the internet/spoilers and hang out with the cool kids again.

I've been wondering what to dig into next, I'll check those out.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archives series is pretty legit. Started reading him after he finished the wheel of time. He did a better job than Jordan did after he figured the characters out imo. Only two books out so far but they are worth the read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch... Only about 60 pages in but I'm digging it so far... GRRM has a blurb on the cover praising it, and I've heard good reviews of it...

Just finished this book.

Highly recommended! Can't wait to start the next book by Lynch.

Finished up the Beyonders series about a month ago.  I just happen to pick it up on a whim at Costco, and I had never heard of them before, but I like fantasy fiction so decided WTF.

It was meh.  It was a young adult book (which I didn't realize), so was an easy read .  The overall story was pretty decent, or maybe even good, plus Brandon Mull has an amazing imagination.  But, the dialogue was extremely sophomoric and cheesy as was the overall writing.  But then again, that is what you get with YA novels.  The lines of good and evil are clearly drawn in the story, and therefore there was only one character that was truly intriguing because he was the only grey character in the books, and you were never sure where his loyalties were.  Wouldn't really recommend it for anyone on here who seem to like more mature books, but there are certainly worse book series out there.  I didn't love them, but then again I read all 3 books so....

Today I got the FIrst Law trilogy written by Joe Abercrombie.  Going to start "The Blade Itself" today.  I think a couple people have said that they have read this trilogy, I was wondering what people thought of it.  Online reviews seem mostly positive.  I will give my opinion (not that it matters, but whatevs) once I complete the trilogy!!

Edited by teeray