• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

Kurb

David Eddings.

Wheel of Time is horrible. At least to me. I read it up until partway through book seven and realized that the characters were to retarded to continue.

It would have been a great series if it had ended at book three.

I think the series peaked at book 6. I don't think I ever made it around to reading the 9th or 10th book.

I also recommend Robert Jordan. It did slow alittle around the middle, but it picked up again shortly thereafter. Another writer a friend let me know of was Guy Gavriel Kay. I've only read a few books, but it's a unique twist on the fantasy genre and well written.

I'm also shocked none of you recommended William Gibson for the sci-fi angle. This is the guy who termed the phrase "cyberspace cowboy" and I'd recommend all of his books except "The Difference Engine".. talk about a chore getting through a book. Neuromancer and Count Zero are terrific though, so try em out if you like that genre. :)

I also recommend Robert Jordan. It did slow alittle around the middle, but it picked up again shortly thereafter. Another writer a friend let me know of was Guy Gavriel Kay. I've only read a few books, but it's a unique twist on the fantasy genre and well written.

I'm also shocked none of you recommended William Gibson for the sci-fi angle. This is the guy who termed the phrase "cyberspace cowboy" and I'd recommend all of his books except "The Difference Engine".. talk about a chore getting through a book. Neuromancer and Count Zero are terrific though, so try em out if you like that genre. :)

I aughta ban you for not reading every one of my posts carefully and taking notes.

• 2 months later...

can't recommend enough the Hyperion series by dan simmons. not only some the best sci-fi i've ever read but some of the best books I've ever read. F*cking amazing. Also, anything by frank herbert (obligatory,) The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Heinlen. The other Ender's Game books are also great.

Massive bump here... but I finally got Hyperion and just finished it today... excellent read, can't wait to get 'Fall of Hyperion'...

Greg Kinn, formerly of the Greg Kinn Band (1983's Jepardy). He has started writting novels as of late. I have read a few of his short stories and they are pretty good.

Kihn has also written four novels, his first, Horror Show in 1996, his second, Shade of Pale followed in 1997. Mojo Hand, and Big Rock Beat were sequels to Horror Show. Kihn also released a collection of short stories by himself and other well known rock musicians, named Carved in Rock: Short Stories by Musicians. Contributors include Pete Townshend, Graham Parker, Joan Jett, and Ray Davies.

Horror Show was nominated for the prestigious Bram Stoker Award