• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rags' Seven Round Panthers mock draft

Rags

2nd Round, 48th overall pick; Reshad Jones, SS, Georgia - I dunno why I have us getting a Safety on Day 2, maybe because in the back of my mind, I think it's possible. I love Chris Harris as much as the next guy but, we could use a quality strong safety, or at least a guy that could bring in some depth. And let's face it, we know how dire the situation is at WR, but that probably won't stop Fox/Hurney from getting a defensive player. And if it's Jones, I won't be too mad. Only reason I didn't go with a DT is because we have quite a few on the roster, and towards the end of the season, our D-Line was legit, If Hollis Thomas retires, I'll most likely change this.

Alternative Pick- Brandon Lafell, WR- Pretty fast for a guy whose 6''3, 205 pounds. Could be a pretty good second WR.

3rd Round 78th overall pick; Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel- Before the Denior Bowl, not many people knew this guys names, after that, this kids stock as skyrocket significantly. Average size and good speed. Guy could also be help with our struggling special teams. I would not be upset if we get him.

4th round 109th overall pick; Mike Johnson, G, Alabama, Virginia Tech - When our line is healthy, Keydrick Vincent is defiantly the weak link, on top of that, he'll be 32 this season. Mike Johnson is a great blocker, but I doubt he'll fall to the 4th.

6th round 181st overall pick- Marcus Easley, WR, Connecticut - Went in at the beging of the year with only 5 receptions. End of the season he had 893 yards and eight touchdowns. Kid works hard, which we really need a this postion, a guy who give you 110%

6th round 209th pick (Compensatory)- Reggie Carter, ILB, UCLA- I had a hard time deciding wather we could use a Strongside LB here, or depth at ILB. Decided to go with ILB depth, i case Beason gets hurt (god forbid) we'll need someone who can make a impact. Let's worry about Diggs' replacement next year.

7th round 229th overall pick- Crezdon Butler, CB, Clemson- No matter what we do with Marshall, we could use a bit more depth at CB, Butler had a pretty decent corner overall, and might be a diamond hidden in the rough. Given time, he might evolve into a starter.

7th round 249th overall pick (Compensatory)- Willie Rose, FB, Florida Atlantic- Brad Hoover may or may not be here, and even if he is, he's 33. Willie Rose can be used in both run and receiving game.

Youtube Highlights/Clips of said players:

Brandon Lafell

Andre Johnson

Crezdon Butler

I may update with Changes, more highlights, info ETC later.

If we got Butler in the 7th I would cream my jeans.

Funny I could say the same thing about the girl in your sig. :D

Now that I think about it she would be a damn good cheerleader. As all shes good for is eye candy, she definitely can't act. Worth a 7th to me. Now that shes been canned from the 3rd transformers I can see that as a promising future for her.

On a side note my Cousin ran against him in track when he was at Asheville (my cousin went to Madison where White guys are considered fast). He said he was the fastest guy he'd ever seen.

Not big on Stull in the 4th though. I doubt a 4th round QB is gonna be a good backup next year plus we already got a developmental QB in Hunter Cantwell on the roster.

Never thought about that. Might update/change that soon.

If Wang's the one Everette Brown beat like red headed step child a couple of years ago, he can be much worse than Wharton.

He is. People here still hate him for that and Sean Glennon didn't make it any better. Dude has a slower release than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Also, the only VT players that have NFL potential are Cody Grimm and Jason Worilds. Jason Worilds is Everette Brown 2.0 except with more run stopping potential. Anyone else either has lingering injury issues or just isn't that good on their own.

I'll burn BOA down if we don't draft a QB. We are really willing to put the ENTIRE season in Matt Moore's hands with NO viable backup?? Have we really not learned our lesson?

We are going to need to make some trades and either get 2 second round picks or get into the first round so we can get a QB and a WR.

I'll burn BOA down if we don't draft a QB. We are really willing to put the ENTIRE season in Matt Moore's hands with NO viable backup?? Have we really not learned our lesson?

We are going to need to make some trades and either get 2 second round picks or get into the first round so we can get a QB and a WR.

Honestly, we really don't need a second round QB.

Honestly, Jake could be a decent back up, that's the level he's been laying at all year. Decent back up. We also have Hunter Cantwell and McCown/Feely.

If we do get another second rounder, orr into the first, the pick does not need to be wasted on a QB.

He is. People here still hate him for that and Sean Glennon didn't make it any better. Dude has a slower release than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Also, the only VT players that have NFL potential are Cody Grimm and Jason Worilds. Jason Worilds is Everette Brown 2.0 except with more run stopping potential. Anyone else either has lingering injury issues or just isn't that good on their own.

kam chancellor not that good on his own, hmmmmmmmm. he is not a FS, may not be a good SS, but i would love to see him moved down to WLB. has the strength to do so and more than quick enough. he may be able to pull SS off and is a big nasty hitter, just lacking in coverage when he was moved to FS.

Archived