• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers might hang on to Ejiro Evero

TheSpecialJuan

22 hours ago, Manna said:

2.) so we can get a comp pick for him next offseason when he does get hired away. The rule requires that minority coaches have to be on staff for at least 2 seasons to count towards the third round pick compensation. I don’t like the rule but it’s what’s going on. 

Happy Judy Reyes GIF by ClawsTNT

That is the only factor that Mr Hedgefund Analytics is taking into consideration. Same reason he insisted on Frank bringing in Thomas Brown. Unfortunately for Thomas, he got stuck with Frank and Bryce, so his likelihood of attracting a HC gig, and thus being retained after this season, have quickly diminished.

If Tepper actually cared about building up the black head coaching pipeline, he could have hired the proven commodity in his own building who has already been a victim of the league’s antiquated good ole boys network.

1445022526.0.jpg

5 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

But the People in the other thread told me there were no such things as Tepper guys, but he is going to try and force Campen, Tabor, and now Evero on his new HC.  

I'm just a shift+2 away buddy.

I could care less for Campen. Tabor and Evero are good candidates in their own fields, which other teams would stumble over themselves to hire. Yet, we gotta let them go because they were on the last coaching staff lol. Word.  Fact is you let the new HC pick his own staff, but when it comes down to it and the new HC wants either Tabor or Evero...or not.. that's a choice we gotta live with.  I just can't wait to watch the threads when Evero goes to another team and puts together a respectable defense and we're stuck in "trying to find our identity." I truly hope that's not the case and whatever HC we bring in is smart enough to just retain Evero and keep it pushing.

29 minutes ago, Steelo said:

I'm just a shift+2 away buddy.

I could care less for Campen. Tabor and Evero are good candidates in their own fields, which other teams would stumble over themselves to hire. Yet, we gotta let them go because they were on the last coaching staff lol. Word.  Fact is you let the new HC pick his own staff, but when it comes down to it and the new HC wants either Tabor or Evero...or not.. that's a choice we gotta live with.  I just can't wait to watch the threads when Evero goes to another team and puts together a respectable defense and we're stuck in "trying to find our identity." I truly hope that's not the case and whatever HC we bring in is smart enough to just retain Evero and keep it pushing.

If the new coach wants to keep them I'm cool with that but Tepper shouldn't be forcing anymore decisions period. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

If the new coach wants to keep them I'm cool with that but Tepper shouldn't be forcing anymore decisions period. 

Intrigued by the idea of keeping someone and forcing someone to retain someone are completely different situations.

On 12/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, AggieLean said:

Looks like Tepper is stuck on doing things his way. Not good.

I like Evero, but if the new HC doesn’t want him, you go with that. New coach should get to pick his staff 

I hope we keep Evero, but I agree with this.