• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SAT Night Games?

Pantha-kun

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The unc thing is me being petty I will say that but you go down guns a blazing for a 2nd year guy with a decent cast of people vs a rookie on the team you root for that wasn’t even given a chance.

Because I've watched the second year guy since he was a true freshman. I know who he is. I probably watched 7-8 of Bryce's college games and never got the hype. I got roundly mocked on here this past off-season for saying that I didn't see the prerequisite physical talent with Bryce. There was the obvious height/size issue, but I said from the get go that at best his arm talent was NFL average at best and was likely below average. I just didn't see the physical talent from Bryce and unfortunately that has played out so far on NFL fields. I would've loved to have been wrong.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

That’s like…your opinion man…but what you believe and the rest of the league thinks is not the same. I know you watch Washington games (because of the unc dude) but they have fans throwing him to the wolves and want a new qb too. 

One has played like a middling starter/Journeyman (Howell) the other has played like the worst QB in the league (Young)

They are both replacement level at this point. 

30 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

He kept control of Antonio Brown.

Something that Bill Belichick, Jon Gruden, Mike Mayock, Bruce Arians, and Tom Brady couldn’t do.

Mike Tomlin is one of the greatest ever.  I don’t love the Steelers but I’d like to see him retire as a Steeler.

I really think that hit changed Brown. Dude seems to have legitimately went crazy and the Steelers knew it and cut bait.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

One has played like a middling starter/Journeyman (Howell) the other has played like the worst QB in the league (Young)

They are both replacement level at this point. 

If the Commanders are smart they focus on building around Howell. The Dolphins were straight up mocking Bieniemy's offense post-game and fully admitted the only thing they were concerned about was Howell getting out of the pocket and making plays. Nothing about the scheme or weapons concerned them.

If we're smart we have a legit QB competition next year.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Commanders are smart they focus on building around Howell. The Dolphins were straight up mocking Bieniemy's offense post-game and fully admitted the only thing they were concerned about was Howell getting out of the pocket and making plays. Nothing about the scheme or weapons concerned them.

If we're smart we have a legit QB competition next year.

I dont think it would kill them to try, but I also dont think too many people would bat an eye if they moved on from Howell. Its 50/50 at this point IMO. 

I am pretty sure Ron and co are gone after this season so it will all depend on how the new coach views Howell. 

29 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

That’s like…your opinion man…but what you believe and the rest of the league thinks is not the same. I know you watch Washington games (because of the unc dude) but they have fans throwing him to the wolves and want a new qb too. 

Commanders fans have not given up on Sam Howell.

Washington gave up on their ownership 20 years ago, they actually have some hope right now. (Though Rivera will be gone soon.)

Sadly, the Panthers are now about 10 years behind the Washington franchise.  Our fanbase is lost. 

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont think it would kill them to try, but I also dont think too many people would bat an eye if they moved on from Howell. Its 50/50 at this point IMO. 

I am pretty sure Ron and co are gone after this season so it will all depend on how the new coach views Howell. 

Probably gonna boil down to where they draft and what they think of the prospects available.

Either way, they're sitting pretty. They're probably gonna end up with a top 10 rookie QB and trading Howell for decent return or Howell with a shiny new top 10 OT or WR.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Commanders fans have not given up on Sam Howell.

Washington gave up on their ownership 20 years ago, they actually have some hope right now. (Though Rivera will be gone soon.)

Sadly, the Panthers are now about 10 years behind the Washington franchise.  Our fanbase is lost. 

I don't think general NFL fandom really understands how trash Bieniemy has been. Not to mention they've had a typical Rivera OL.