• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SAT Night Games?

Pantha-kun

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Commanders fans have not given up on Sam Howell.

Washington gave up on their ownership 20 years ago, they actually have some hope right now. (Though Rivera will be gone soon.)

Sadly, the Panthers are now about 10 years behind the Washington franchise.  Our fanbase is lost. 

The commanders Reddit I check sometimes says otherwise.

1 minute ago, HardcoreHokie said:

There are reasons Bieniemy has never got a HC job and never will (even interim with Washington).  Players don’t like playing for him.

It was reported in training camp that it was close to mutiny status. Then they got off to a decent start and things quietened down but then teams dialed his attack and it's been a struggle test sense. It's pretty wild how often a former RB just completely abandons the run despite having a first year starter at QB and an OL that struggles mightily in pass protection. It's pretty baffling.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The commanders Reddit I check sometimes says otherwise.

Where do you live?  I’m in the DMV now.  Redskins fans haven’t had a PULSE in 20 years, they at least have some hope right now.  Hell, they haven’t even embraced their NAME yet.

And it’s still more optimistic than Panthers-land.  I hate saying that but it’s 100% true.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The long time Redskins fans I know (I went to college in Virginia) think Howell is that dude and want to see a new staff and heavy investments on the OL and on the secondary.

I have a hardcore Washington friend and he tells me the same. Sucks for them, because the corner they took in the first this year looks mediocre at best. And the no name linebacker they took a few years ago looks pretty bad too. Sound familiar?

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Where do you live?  I’m in the DMV now.  Redskins fans haven’t had a PULSE in 20 years, they at least have some hope right now.  Hell, they haven’t even embraced their NAME yet.

And it’s still more optimistic than Panthers-land.  I hate saying that but it’s 100% true.

I’m in Charlotte but I’m just saying what I’ve seen off their Reddit page because it’s on my “you might also be interested in” stuff 

Funny how the internet influences thing 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have a hardcore Washington friend and he tells me the same. Sucks for them, because the corner they took in the first this year looks mediocre at best. And the no name linebacker they took a few years ago looks pretty bad too. Sound familiar?

Their secondary is the worst I've seen in the NFL since ours in 2016 after Gettleman yanked the tag from Norman and spammed draft picks in order to field a secondary. It looks like that.

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m in Charlotte but I’m just saying what I’ve seen off their Reddit page because it’s on my “you might also be interested in” stuff 

Funny how the internet influences thing 

I feel ya.  I grew up in the DMV in a Redskins family, then moved to Charlotte, and then back.  It’s scary how similar the two franchises are, but not in a good way (also weirdly, the Bills).  

They need to stop looking at each other and model themselves after better franchises.

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

I feel ya.  I grew up in the DMV in a Redskins family, then moved to Charlotte, and then back.  It’s scary how similar the two franchises are, but not in a good way (also weirdly, the Bills).  

They need to stop looking at each other and model themselves after better franchises.

I mean, Tepper was supposedly trying to model us after the Steelers (so was JR) and we see how that's gone. 😂

I really wish Tepper would just throw a bag at Kevin Colbert. Not as GM or Team President, just as a consultant to build him a football organization that he'll commit to fuging off and leaving them alone to do their job.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, Tepper was supposedly trying to model us after the Steelers (so was JR) and we see how that's gone. 😂

I really wish Tepper would just throw a bag at Kevin Colbert. Not as GM or Team President, just as a consultant to build him a football organization that he'll commit to fuging off and leaving them alone to do their job.

It’s currently an impossible situation but I also think you throw money at Colbert.  Tepper has that relationship and the money, not much else right now.