• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales and Morgan to report to Tepper

Jmac

23 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Boo hoo they have to report to the guy who signs their checks. Here’s a quick exercise to check if someone has to report to someone: can they be fired? If so, who can fire them? Tepper owns the team, no poo people report to him. Welcome to the real world 

i mean yea ultimately but Tepper has ZERO business interfering with their day to day work

17 minutes ago, SOJA said:
23 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Boo hoo they have to report to the guy who signs their checks. Here’s a quick exercise to check if someone has to report to someone: can they be fired? If so, who can fire them? Tepper owns the team, no poo people report to him. Welcome to the real world 

i mean yea ultimately but Tepper has ZERO business interfering with their day to day work

How many direct reports do you manage?

Edited by RayRedd

2 hours ago, bandu said:

just doesn't make sense because I thought that the head coach reported to the GM.

So in your dream scenario would the Head Ball Coach ever even speak with the Owner?

Or, in banking parlance, would there be a inviolable Chinese Wall between the Owner and the Head Ball Coach whereby they would never interact, at all, in the entirety of the Head Ball Coach's contract?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:52 AM, JawnyBlaze said:

Who are they supposed to report to, Roger Goodell?  Jfc wait til the season starts at least before judging the new guys

No, No... don't you understand? "The world according to the Huddle". Of all the teams in the league, Carolina is the ONLY one where the GM and HC are accountable to the owner.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, RayRedd said:

So in your dream scenario would the Head Ball Coach ever even speak with the Owner?

Or, in banking parlance, would there be a inviolable Chinese Wall between the Owner and the Head Ball Coach whereby they would never interact, at all, in the entirety of the Head Ball Coach's contract?

the GM typically has the power to hire or fire a coach , make trades , negotiate contracts , free agent acquisitions, & of course leads the scouting department.

so with that said please elaborate what the Head Ball Coach as you like to put it needs to report directly the  owner  ?

Edited by bandu

12 hours ago, RayRedd said:

& please show me while your at it where I suggested that  the head coach should never speak with the owner ?

let's admit it you know & I know you are being irrational to say the least

& BTW have a nice day...just saying

12 hours ago, bandu said:

the GM typically has the power to hire or fire a coach , make trades , negotiate contracts , free agent acquisitions, & of course leads the scouting department.

so with that said please elaborate what the Head Ball Coach as you like to put it needs to report directly the  owner  ?

"...typically..."

"Typically" the 199th pick in the NFL draft doesn't start at QB in the Super Bowl -- screw "typically'.

The cited report is pure speculation and nothing more.  

That said, the beauty of being the owner is you get to call all the shots -- Tepper is the owner, it's his call.  

Which owner do you feel is behaving in a manner that you approve of and want to align yourself with?  

12 hours ago, bandu said:

& please show me while your at it where I suggested that  the head coach should never speak with the owner ?

It's 100% clear that's exactly how you feel.  In your perfect world the owner would simply turn up in the owner's suite on game-day and nothing more, right?

2 hours ago, RayRedd said:

It's 100% clear that's exactly how you feel.  In your perfect world the owner would simply turn up in the owner's suite on game-day and nothing more, right?

lol alrighty then

2 hours ago, strato said:

Gonna be a bunch of ‘we’ this and ‘we’ that until one of his spooks in the locker room tells him something then it will be all ‘you’ did this or didn’t do that.  

His “spooks” wtf?