• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Trading Gordon Hayward to OKC

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Link?  If it’s no picks it is extremely disappointing. 

APNEWS:  

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Hornets are sending often-injured small forward Gordon Hayward to the Oklahoma City Thunder for guard Tre Mann, forward Davis Bertans, point guard Vasilije Micic and second-round draft picks in 2024 and 2025, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Thursday because the deal had not yet been approved by the league.

Also, I just saw that Bertans is making $17mil a year meaning he and Lowry are taking up almost $50mil/yr.

Hopefully this means that some Kupchick salary cap wizardry is forthcoming.

• Pie 3

50 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

APNEWS:  

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Hornets are sending often-injured small forward Gordon Hayward to the Oklahoma City Thunder for guard Tre Mann, forward Davis Bertans, point guard Vasilije Micic and second-round draft picks in 2024 and 2025, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Thursday because the deal had not yet been approved by the league.

Also, I just saw that Bertans is making $17mil a year meaning he and Lowry are taking up almost $50mil/yr.

Earlier on NBA tv said something about a trade exception, but nothing about draft picks.  I guess you just can't trust first reports.  

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

APNEWS:  

Lowry’s on an expiring deal, his cap space isn’t relevant to next year.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:18 PM, HardcoreHokie said:

Never followed him, but Tre Mann’s highlights are VERY impressive.  He was just buried on OKC’s depth chart, but looks to be a promising young asset at PG. 

#18 overall a couple years ago, former 5-star McDonalds AA and Jordan AA.  Dude’s hesi game is nasty.

Tre Mann highlights

I couldn’t watch tonight’s game but apparently Tre Mann tore it up in a win. 

If you haven’t watched this highlight clip I posted of him last week, I *highly* recommend it.  

Dude has ridiculous handles, and makes insane moves, especially towards the end of the video.  Super high ceiling. 

• Pie 1