• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is what a real super processor looks like...

Stroud straight up played Sherlock Holmes on that first play... But we got ourselves a S2 champ, yo! The kid walked into a far worse situation than Bryce and elevated a motley crew of no-name receivers who had been collectively ranked dead last by PFF before the season. The offensive Rookie of the Year award is well deserved. 

What could have been and what we have now...

Edited by GhostOfDocAnderson
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 7

1 hour ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

Stroud straight up played Sherlock Holmes on that first play... But we got ourselves a S2 champ, yo! The kid walked into a far worse situation than Bryce and elevated a motley crew of no-name receivers who had been collectively ranked dead last by PFF before the season. The offensive Rookie of the Year award is well deserved. 

What could have been and what we have now...

Who on this board do you feel that you are proving a point to? I think everyone here overwhelmingly agrees that we wish we had Stroud at this point, based on year 1. The only thing I’ll ask of you, is to explain to me how the 2023-2024 Texans offense and coaching staff was a “way worse” situation than what Bryce Young had to deal with…. You are beyond wrong on this statement. Young had a worse situation on every single level and there is no question about that.

• Beer 1

Pretty common consensus now that Stroud is the much better player in all aspects isn't it? I don't think one person out there would say Young has the better skills or processing ability at this point and if they did I would have to guess they are related to him as a parent or sibling or someone of that degree.

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who on this board do you feel that you are proving a point to? I think everyone here overwhelmingly agrees that we wish we had Stroud at this point, based on year 1. The only thing I’ll ask of you, is to explain to me how the 2023-2024 Texans offense and coaching staff was a “way worse” situation than what Bryce Young had to deal with…. You are beyond wrong on this statement. Young had a worse situation on every single level and there is no question about that.

There are still plenty on this board who think Bryce was the better pick. Plenty.

Stroud walked into a worse situation because the Texans had been a laughingstock and bottom dweller for years, which is why they had the no. 2 pick in the last draft (would have been the no. 1 pick had it not been for Lovie Smith dialing up that late TD). The Texans simply didn't have a winning culture, their receivers were ranked dead last by PFF, and they have a rookie coach and a rookie offensive coordinator. That is about as bad of a situation as you can ask for. We on the other hand had a veteran head coach who is known for developing quarterbacks, a much more experienced supporting staff, and more highly rated receivers per PFF.  

I can't think of a single source, pundit, or fan who thought Stroud was walking into a better situation in Houston. Bryce was universally considered to have landed at a better spot than Stroud. Whereas Stroud overcame and became an agent of change and elevated his team to make the playoffs, Bryce couldn't capitalize on his better situation and the superior pieces he had been surrounded with. 

10 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

There are still plenty on this board who think Bryce was the better pick. Plenty.

Stroud walked into a worse situation because the Texans had been a laughingstock and bottom dweller for years, which is why they had the no. 2 pick in the last draft (would have been the no. 1 pick had it not been for Lovie Smith dialing up that late TD). The Texans simply didn't have a winning culture, their receivers were ranked dead last by PFF, and they have a rookie coach and a rookie offensive coordinator. That is about as bad of a situation as you can ask for. We on the other hand had a veteran head coach who is known for developing quarterbacks, a much more experienced supporting staff, and more highly rated receivers per PFF.  

I can't think of a single source, pundit, or fan who thought Stroud was walking into a better situation in Houston. Bryce was universally considered to have landed at a better spot than Stroud. Whereas Stroud overcame and became an agent of change and elevated his team to make the playoffs, Bryce couldn't capitalize on his better situation and the superior pieces he had been surrounded with. 

There seriously cannot be any left who think Bryce is STILL the better pick? I don't even think Dave and Nicole believe that now at this point. It's just not that possible to be in that much denial is it? I mean, I wanted Bryce to be a success also but he was not this past season and looked like an undrafted rookie. CJ on the other hand looked like the number 1 overall pick and a field general. 100% of the population other than Bryce's immediate family has to also see this......?

8 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

There seriously cannot be any left who think Bryce is STILL the better pick? I don't even think Dave and Nicole believe that now at this point. It's just not that possible to be in that much denial is it? I mean, I wanted Bryce to be a success also but he was not this past season and looked like an undrafted rookie. CJ on the other hand looked like the number 1 overall pick and a field general. 100% of the population other than Bryce's immediate family has to also see this......?

There are still plenty of diehard Bama fans on this board who are in denial. They couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that Bryce is busting hard. They keep bringing up his Heisman and his college tape to prove that Bryce is deserving of that no. 1 draft spot, and that it's everybody else's fault (the line, the receivers, the coaches, the scheme, the play calling, yada, yada, yada) that Bryce has performed so badly and that he couldn't do a simple drop back or make an accurate throw on time past 15 yards. Heck, they probably insist that Bryce is really 6'0" tall because Bama machine don't lie. 

Bryce fans are just like The Golden Calf of Bristol fans. They're the same poo, but just curls differently.

• Poo 1

No one on this board that I’ve seen thinks Young is better than Stroud. It’s silly to argue differently at this point. Stroud just flat out said he was in a better situation. So to argue against that is just nonsense at this point. Stroud was the better QB and in the better situation. Great thread….

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No one on this board that I’ve seen thinks Young is better than Stroud. It’s silly to argue differently at this point. Stroud just flat out said he was in a better situation. So to argue against that is just nonsense at this point. Stroud was the better QB and in the better situation. Great thread….

No, Stroud just flat out trolled us by defending his friend. I highly doubt his opinions are based on watching Bryce's tape. 

I have to disagree with you that no one on this board thinks Bryce is better. Plenty still insist that Stroud would have done no better than Bryce if he had been a Panther. They think that Bryce's suckage is purely down to situationals. 

just-cj-stroud-wearing-a-shirt-commemorating-kobe-being-v0-a35un216st9c1.jpeg.thumb.webp.2c79c4a311d679bb521ad0ece4e70c53.webp

Just now, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

No, Stroud just flat out trolled us by defending his friend. I highly doubt his opinions are based on watching Bryce's tape.

just-cj-stroud-wearing-a-shirt-commemorating-kobe-being-v0-a35un216st9c1.jpeg.thumb.webp.2c79c4a311d679bb521ad0ece4e70c53.webp

Don’t call Stroud a liar. He is not that kind of guy. Also who is Doc Anderson?

7 minutes ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

There are still plenty of diehard Bama fans on this board who are in denial. They couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that Bryce is busting hard. They keep bringing up his Heisman and his college tape to prove that Bryce is deserving of that no. 1 draft spot, and that it's everybody else's fault (the line, the receivers, the coaches, the scheme, the play calling, yada, yada, yada) that Bryce has performed so badly and that he couldn't do a simple drop back or make an accurate throw on time past 15 yards. Heck, they probably insist that Bryce is really 6'0" tall because Bama machine don't lie. 

Bryce fans are just like The Golden Calf of Bristol fans. They're the same poo, but just curls differently.

I believe we had a combo here. The line, the receivers and the coaching did suck. But Bryce sucked also. It was a perfect storm of suck. Everyone needs to do better and most definitely Bryce has to step it up big time and somehow overcome his physical limitations quickly before being labeled a complete bust. Will he? Not sure but for the teams sake I hope he does.