• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I actually hope we just move Rosario to WR and roll with King and Barnidge at TE

SmootsDaddy89

neither one of them are blocking tight ends.

True but Barnidge is making progress imo.

Keep in mind Rosario pretty much hates being a tight end. If I recall correctly the big stink back in training camp was about Rosario not taking his blocking duties seriously and that he was going to get bumped down in favor of Barnidge and blah blah blah

Just kill two birds with one stone. Barnidge enjoys being a tight end and Rosario would rather watch Jake Delhomme highlights from last year everyday than play tight end.

1 thing is for sure. We have to start really using Barnidge and Rosario because if we don't they will go to other teams that will and they will have success and it will blow up in our face.

Luckily Matt Moore is actually aware of the existence of tight ends and throws to them.

Do you think TE to WR would be easier than RB to WR?

As I said, I'm not a coach and I have do clue. It would seem like TE to WR would be a more simple transition to make but I'm not sure. I think the biggest difference would be who is covering you. As a TE or RB, when you run a pass route usually a LB is covering you. As we all know, as a WR you are manned up with a CB, sometimes a Safety. In that aspect, I think Rosario would have a harder transition then Goodson considering the speed of most DBs.

i'm all for converting goodson and rosario. goodson had that ridiculous catch in the preseason on an overthrown ball that i personally think he was in bounds on, and the fact that he had the awareness and body control to attempt to stay in bounds as a RB, made me go "oh snap".

convert the kid, he fumbles too much anyway.

As I said, I'm not a coach and I have do clue. It would seem like TE to WR would be a more simple transition to make but I'm not sure. I think the biggest difference would be who is covering you. As a TE or RB, when you run a pass route usually a LB is covering you. As we all know, as a WR you are manned up with a CB, sometimes a Safety. In that aspect, I think Rosario would have a harder transition then Goodson considering the speed of most DBs.

at his size though most db couldnt cover him.

i'm all for converting goodson and rosario. goodson had that ridiculous catch in the preseason on an overthrown ball that i personally think he was in bounds on, and the fact that he had the awareness and body control to attempt to stay in bounds as a RB, made me go "oh snap".

convert the kid, he fumbles too much anyway.

I'd be in favor of this as long as Goodson is.

I know his last year at A&M he said he wanted to play RB and only RB. Now after he was drafted by us and interviewed he said he'd serve in any capacity we wanted him to, but he also got an agent who probably gave him powerful advice such as, "Don't say stupid poo like you'll only play one position when you're projected more as an athlete than a RB if you want to get drafted." So who knows how he really feels.

because that has worked for us so well before...

What does that have to do with now? The Panthers have a completely different scouting department than the one that was here when they drafted drafted Drew Carter and Keary Colbert. This is a pretty darn deep WR class too, so there is no reason not to look to the draft. It sure as hell makes more sense than trying to make Rosario a full time WR.

Barnidge is the only TE who has wide receiver speed at 4.62 in the 40. Rosario is somewhere in the 4.75 range which is not fast for a TE and very slow for a receiver. Rosario is playing where he should be, coming in as a backup at TE. He struggles to get separation against linebackers and safeties but would never get open against corners who would be much faster than he is. He would be a lousy wide receiver by any standards. Jarrett fell as a wide receiver because he posted 40 times of 4.62 and 4.67. Rosario would die for those numbers.

And please don't waste time saying 40 times dont mean much compared to game results. Lets be serious, Rosario has not been very good by any measure and outside of the one catch against SD last year, has been totally forgettable.

Archived