• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns to Detroit?

3 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I think this makes great sense for both sides. Not sure Burns is worth Jameson and a 1st. I think Jameson and a 2nd would be fair compensation. A future 1st could be in play though. 

If we could get an additional pick this year and a 1st next year.  I would jump at it.  While the Lions will probably be in the playoffs next year making that pick a low first rounder.  It would give us bargaining power if we needed to move up in the first round for an impact player. 

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That's a Madden trade. No one is biting on that in the real world, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, csx said:

What drugs are you assuming they are doing in Detroit?

I actually think the Detroit side of it is very reasonable now due to the unexpected cap increase, however the same cap increase means the flipping of the pick for one of those 2 WRs is less likely to happen.

This board is much higher on Jameson than actual Lions fans are, they still like his potential, but they're much closer to giving up on him than expecting him to be a future star.  I'm from Detroit and most of my Lions friends still talk about that as a possibility, mainly because they don't think Jameson has the hands to become a great WR and is mostly going to end up as a speed/gadget type of player.

2 weeks ago they'd have been less likely to make the move as signing Burns would have been difficult, but the unexpected cap room makes it much more doable for them now.

However that same cap increase is also why the 49ers and Bengals are more likely to try and keep their WRs for one more year as each player's contract isn't far off from the unexpected cap increase amount, so they have a path to keeping those players for another season before needing to move them.

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I actually think the Detroit side of it is very reasonable now due to the unexpected cap increase, however the same cap increase means the flipping of the pick for one of those 2 WRs is less likely to happen.

This board is much higher on Jameson than actual Lions fans are, they still like his potential, but they're much closer to giving up on him than expecting him to be a future star.  I'm from Detroit and most of my Lions friends still talk about that as a possibility, mainly because they don't think Jameson has the hands to become a great WR and is mostly going to end up as a speed/gadget type of player.

2 weeks ago they'd have been less likely to make the move as signing Burns would have been difficult, but the unexpected cap room makes it much more doable for them now.

However that same cap increase is also why the 49ers and Bengals are more likely to try and keep their WRs for one more year as each player's contract isn't far off from the unexpected cap increase amount, so they have a path to keeping those players for another season before needing to move them.

Sure but there is a difference between fan feelings and how a front office feels. 

• Pie 1