• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte FC Agrees To Terms With Liel Abada From Celtic FC

Charlotte has agreed to terms with Liel Abada from Celtic FC, the deal is believed to be in the $3M range. Abada is a member of the Israeli national team and requested a move after facing political backlash from Celtic fans in Scotland. Hopefully our fans show Abada some southern hospitality as no player deserves to be politically persecuted for something they aren’t involved in.

Abada is a winger/forward and he recorded 13 goals and 9 assists in 47 competitions for Celtic during the 2022-23 season.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

Posted (edited)

Seeing conflicting reports about the transfer fee but just through my quick research, Abada seems exactly like the type of player we need.

We aren’t getting many goals from inside the six - most of Abada’s goals come from that area - he has a knack for getting on balls that are played across the six.

We still need to get better crossing from our wingers - he provides that - Abada should be able to provide good service for Copetti and Agyemang.

He also looks to have excellent pace and pretty solid dribbling skills.

I really like this signing.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

On 3/4/2024 at 8:56 AM, KingKucci said:

Still learning soccar   Is this a good move?

I asked a friend of mine who is a Celtic fan about him and he said he was good. Won Scottish League’s Young POY award or something when he was 20 and has scored double digit goals each of his previous 2 seasons. Scottish league is really top heavy and mostly a 2-3 team race, but he’s played Champions League

Edited by MtnJax