• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you have faith in Dwayne Jarrett's ability to step up next season?

SmootsDaddy89

Has there ever in the history of the NFL been a player that has been considered a "bust" in the league that was only 23 years old, that all the sudden turned it around and revived their careers when given another opportunity?

I think so.

Not saying Jarrett will be one of those who can/will turn his career around, but when thrown the ball he has shown flashes of being a talented WR, most recently the 30 yard TD catch in January vs. the Aints. IMO, he deserves a chance to show what he can do in 2010 with Moore under center full time. Once again, not saying he will turn it around and become a Pro Bowl WR, but the possibility is definitely there.

Guest Jacob3-89

I think the problem is he only was thrown to about 6 times with jake under center.... I saw his show great skills in the final 3 games. I'd say he could be big.

He will be FINE if we add another game breaker speedster across from Smith. Let Dwayne play his game short medium and crossing routes. The dude is tall as a TE.

SPEED WR IN THE 2nd!!!!!!

agree. get a speed guy and you've got a jarrett as a possession guy, and the option to move steve smith to the slot... even a mediocre performance by him and a rookie and we'll be vastly improved from last year's passing game.

I think the problem is he only was thrown to about 6 times with jake under center.... I saw his show great skills in the final 3 games. I'd say he could be big.

He only played in one game out of those three lol

but I see what you're saying.

I think the main thing is he really hasn't been allowed to show what he can do because the coaching staff seems to have the same opinion of him that they had of Moore. And we all know what a trainwreck it was when Moore got the opportunity to show what he can do!

If he were on any other team in the league, he'd get trashed. But just because he's a Panther people still cut him slack. 33 catches in three years. There is a reason for it, and it has nothing to do with Fox's stubborn ways.

You're right, his lack of playing time has more to do with Jake refusing to throw to anyone not named Steve Smith or Muhsin Muhammad.

Archived