• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone know which DEs we are still entertaining?

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Good to know, the mock draft sims are depressing for the edge 

Yeah not the best edge draft.  Only a few edge setters.  Some high upside rushers like Chop and Elliss but then it starts to get a bit bleak.  Not bought in to the 2nd-3rd round graded guys.  

22 hours ago, rayzor said:

I can roll with this.

I want so badly to win a lot of games this year, but I need to be content with just trending towards better and building something sustainable.

Just be patient. It’s the only way out of this. We haven’t been patient for a while and have 6 years of 2-7 wins and last year was our least talented roster ever. If we keep worrying about wins and using all our cap every year for 1-2 year mediocre vets we’ll never dig out. Heck, based on losing Butns, Donte, Luvu, YGM and others, our roster may be worse than last year if we flub the draft again. I’d personally rather grab every “could be” another Luvu/Addison/Norwell we can than sign Clowney to a one year deal and mess up our chance at getting whatever super stud DE/WR/Burrow (if Young doesn’t miraculously improve) in the 2025 draft. We have to play the long game. The 2023 Panthers were the worst team in the league and two guards and Diontae did not overcome our losses to make us anywhere close to a playoff team.

14 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah not the best edge draft.  Only a few edge setters.  Some high upside rushers like Chop and Elliss but then it starts to get a bit bleak.  Not bought in to the 2nd-3rd round graded guys.  

I honestly have a bad feeling that we will reach to solve problems like we have been doing. It’s not a good edge draft. People can convince themselves of any prospect because they are prospects but we can’t go need based.

I seen people say we don’t want the 5th to 10th WR over the 2nd or 3rd whatever, but that’s how it works in deep drafts.

2020 was a very deep WR draft. Lamb went 3rd, Jefferson was 5th, Aiyuk was 6th, Higgins was 7th and Pittman was 8th. Reagor also went before JJ and Jeudy/Ruggs went before Lamb and JJ, so we also need to not fug it up.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Jonah Ellis is going to be the steal of the draft--even if we take him at #33.  Under the radar.

He's got the bloodlines and was coached at Utah, so you have to think he's got a high floor if nothing else.