• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young ready to get back to work, grow as a leader

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

He got up did a workout before watching Netflix all day.  I mean that’s the picture painted. 

I mean, just lie to us Panthers.  It’s not that hard to do 

it's a darin gantt article. he knows exactly what he's doing. he's always been an instigator.

• Beer 1

Most rookie QB bust.  However, as a fan, you have to decide, "Am I going to support him, or throw him under the bus?"  You have a right to do either, although I might reconsider the use of the word "fan" here.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Most rookie QB bust.  However, as a fan, you have to decide, "Am I going to support him, or throw him under the bus?"  You have a right to do either, although I might reconsider the use of the word "fan" here.

you think either way will affect him?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

it effects our ability to enjoy the season...or not.

if you don't enjoy it, then why bother? that's the question i have.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

it effects our ability to enjoy the season...or not.

if you don't enjoy it, then why bother? that's the question i have.

thats the ride, Ill always enjoy it, at some point we have to figure a way for another fun season.  But a 2 win team does have a certain train wreck element to it

But being positive just to be positive to try and be some super fan is pretty wild all things considered

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

thats the ride, Ill always enjoy it, at some point we have to figure a way for another fun season.  But a 2 win team does have a certain train wreck element to it

But being positive just to be positive to try and be some super fan is pretty wild all things considered

it's not being positive just to be positive. it's looking for reasons to be positive because i hate feeling like crap about the team. until this iteration of the panthers proves otherwise, i choose to believe that they can figure out a way to not suck and actually be fun to watch again.

and superfan...lol. i'm just a guy that always tries to look for the good. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, rayzor said:

it's not being positive just to be positive. it's looking for reasons to be positive because i hate feeling like crap about the team. until this iteration of the panthers proves otherwise, i choose to believe that they can figure out a way to not suck and actually be fun to watch again.

and superfan...lol. i'm just a guy that always tries to look for the good. 

Im not calling you a super fan just saying as a 2 win team reality has set in and we just arent good no matter how someone wants to fluff it up

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Im not calling you a super fan just saying as a 2 win team reality has set in and we just arent good no matter how someone wants to fluff it up

not good yet.

we haven't seen what Canales can do with this team or what this team is going to look like after Morgan and Canales gets done making this the team they envision. 

we were a 2 win season last year. what we are this coming year has yet to be decided on. lots of reason to believe it will be better if you choose to buy in to and risk having a little bit of hope.

Just now, rayzor said:

not good yet.

we haven't seen what Canales can do with this team or what this team is going to look like after Morgan and Canales gets done making this the team they envision. 

we were a 2 win season last year. what we are this coming year has yet to be decided on. lots of reason to believe it will be better if you choose to buy in to and risk having a little bit of hope.

brother I am on record saying 6 wins is a successful season.   Baby steps and all

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It could, indirectly.  My question to you is, do you perform better under constant criticism or constant support?  Support him--that is not hard. If the fan base stews in negativity all year, it gets into the water and everyone starts thinking the QB is the anti-Christ based on reputation and hearsay. Do you think players do not know how the public feels about them? He has a pretty good excuse, and all players have mechanical issues they could improve.  Yes, he is short. No he did not have a good season last year.  Turn the page.  If he does not work out, we will move on---what is the point in the constant belittlement?   However, it has reached the point where Huddlers think they know more that the coaches and management--Newsflash--we don't. In toxic cultures, the first time he makes a mistake all the haters at the stadium get loud to vindicate their opinions---I was right!! in other words.  We all know the situation.  What point is there in trashing a 23-year old kid who was asked to perform in outrageous situations?   Support him.  I guess it could say more about the critic than the target. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

It could, indirectly.  My question to you is, do you perform better under constant criticism or constant support?  Support him--that is not hard. If the fan base stews in negativity all year, it gets into the water and everyone starts thinking the QB is the anti-Christ based on reputation and hearsay. Do you think players do not know how the public feels about them? He has a pretty good excuse, and all players have mechanical issues they could improve.  Yes, he is short. No he did not have a good season last year.  Turn the page.  If he does not work out, we will move on---what is the point in the constant belittlement?   However, it has reached the point where Huddlers think they know more that the coaches and management--Newsflash--we don't. In toxic cultures, the first time he makes a mistake all the haters at the stadium get loud to vindicate their opinions---I was right!! in other words.  We all know the situation.  What point is there in trashing a 23-year old kid who was asked to perform in outrageous situations?   Support him.  I guess it could say more about the critic than the target. 

you think young reads this board?  We are in deep poo if he does

you think young reads this board?  We are in deep poo if he does

My post answers this question quite thoroughly.  What is the point in trashing him?  Does it make you feel better? Nobody is in disagreement about his play needing to improve and that starts with the OL, WRs, coaching, etc.  If he still can't get it done, he will be replaced.  I have been endorsing a trade down to add a second rounder in the 2025 draft so that we can move up if we need to for a QB next year.  That is covering the reality that he might not be the answer, but I also know that blaming him and ignoring the conditions he was asked to perform in is not fair to him.  Give him his tools.

• Pie 6

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My post answers this question quite thoroughly.  What is the point in trashing him?  Does it make you feel better? Nobody is in disagreement about his play needing to improve and that starts with the OL, WRs, coaching, etc.  If he still can't get it done, he will be replaced.  I have been endorsing a trade down to add a second rounder in the 2025 draft so that we can move up if we need to for a QB next year.  That is covering the reality that he might not be the answer, but I also know that blaming him and ignoring the conditions he was asked to perform in is not fair to him.  Give him his tools.

^^^^^ voice of reason right here....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, scpanther22 said:

Thats exactly what I want him to do lol obsessing over last season won't do anything but place doubt in his head

sorry, I can't spin it as a positive that he spent the whole offseason away from football.  Watching you tube and netflix all day.   You think Cam Newton to Tom Brady took entire off seasons off of football?   Especially coming off of the season he did?  With all the issues to his game at this level?  I don't want him obsessing over last season.  Dude has a ton of work however he needs to be doing to get better.  Lot of getting better is the work put in on their own time and in the offseason.   

The work guys do in the offseason is often documented and known.  It's normal.  

• Pie 1