• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any corvette owners here?

CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would never buy a car that old unless it was restomod. Not surprised he was stuck on the side of the road more than he was driving it.

Never got the project car builds either. I mean sure it's your work, but the money you will spend you probably would have been better off just buying a restomod. Saves you time and energy.

he had always been quite a bit impulsive, though he had gotten it under control for the most part. his wife is a very patient woman, but that little era i thought was going to push her over the edge. she knew it wouldn't last long, though, and it didn't. i think he had gotten rid of it in 6 months.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 6:06 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

A Ford GT is probably my ultimate dream car. 1970 Chevelle 454SS Chevelle probably number 2A. 1969 Boss 429 Mustang number 2B.

I know where my 2B sits right now about three miles from here in a garage under a tarp. It's been there my whole life. They've probably fielded a thousand strong offers for it over the years and it still sits there. If I ever win the lottery I'm gonna knock on that door and not leave without the keys.

The GT40 is just hands down the finest thing the Ford Motor Company ever built and whether its a '69 or anything up to '73 Id give more testicles and children than I have for it.

Id differ from you in the Mustangs and go with the V8 Series from Aston Martin on my second choice.  Predecessors of the Vantage and then the Vanquish.

Id finish it out with John Delorean's first masterpiece with the 69 Firebird

ETA

I do love more modern MOPAR but what Dodge was doing in the 70s was impressive in the stats but laced any soul in form

Edited by Cullenator

10 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

The GT40 is just hands down the finest thing the Ford Motor Company ever built and whether its a '69 or anything up to '73 Id give more testicles and children than I have for it.

Id differ from you in the Mustangs and go with the V8 Series from Aston Martin on my second choice.  Predecessors of the Vantage and then the Vanquish.

Id finish it out with John Delorean's first masterpiece with the 69 Firebird

ETA

I do love more modern MOPAR but what Dodge was doing in the 70s was impressive in the stats but laced any soul in form

*lacked

13 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Plymouth was the better group of hidden muscle from 1967-1970. Obviously the Road Runner was a popular choice, but with the Belvedere, Fury, Satellite and GTX all available with 383 and 440 engines, manual or auto transmissions, and a huge variety of options.

The Satellite was the bare-bones edition, the Road Runner was the performance version with big block options and the GTX was the high-end version of the Road Runner. GTX had power steering, brakes, door locks, windows and factory AC with the same big block and performance of the RR.

I'll take a 69-70 GTX big block convertible, please. Been looking for a few years now, but nothing worth buying for less than $70k and GTXs are hard to find.

1969-Plymouth-GTX-Convertible-in-Sunfire-Yellow.-Mecum-6.thumb.webp.b4a4ac6c9570d5ae06f4f7ef91326173.webp

I’m not a Ford guy however I believe the new Mustang GT with the coyote would be a good daily driver. You can add a Whipple charger cheap and break lots of hearts of the super car owners.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the right deal came along I would consider buying a GT500. That's a badass car that I need like a hole in the head.

It  should be one of the car worth more than what it sold for when it gets some age under its belt.I always spent my money on go fast parts rather than make and model myself.

IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1201.jpeg