• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Browns apparently were interested in Richard Marshall...

...just a couple weeks ago...

Browns have not discussed with the agent, but theOBR has learned the Browns have an interest in RFA CB Richard Marshall.

— LA - theOBR (@TheRealLA__)

March 11, 2010

I wonder if they still are...

I'd take that 2nd rounder for him... it'd be #39...

If Marshall would have become a UFA, speculation is that he'd have gotten a deal similar to Leigh Bodden (4 years, 22M)... If the Browns or anyone else wanted to get a bargain, they'd offer him something similar and include some sort of poison pill...

#39, #48 sound really really good... Throw next year's first with one of those alone, and we could get a late first (Jets? Pats?) and surely land Tate...AND get something else like another 3rd or fourth out of the deal...

The Pats are an interesting partner in the first... We could easily land the #2 WR (Tate in most cases) there, but there would be other options that may interest us (like Dunlap)... NE loves to stockpile 2nd rounders and would most likely be willing to move...

Just a nugget I hadn't seen posted (I searched too, so forgive me if I missed it), and I figured I'd share...

Of course, we'd need to get someone to replace him, as I'm not sure Cap'n would be the guy... so you have to consider that too...

I would take the #39 for Marshall but I don't think that I would use it to move up into the first round.

I also don't think that NE is going to want to move out of the 1st this year. They have been doing that a lot the last few years and have a lot of picks stacked up for the next few years. They were able to get away with it because they drafted pretty well and their conference sucked. With the emergence of the Jets and Dolphins, I don't think they can afford to this year. Plus their roster is starting to show some holes.

Meh. Marshall is a solid #2 CB, and is only getting better. I don't believe the Panthers have any interest in trading him, I think they put the tag on him to let other teams send in offers to give him a reality check of what he's worth.

I'd rather keep our #4 ranked secondary in place, it's the only group of guys left who have solid experience playing with each other. just my 2 cents.

Yep I would take that deal but only to stack the Panther's second round selection, not to try and get back into the first. NE stacks up on seconds for a reason, they are the true value rounds. Marhsall is getting better no doubt but your not going to get something good for something not so good. Unless your Oakland/Cleve

Poison pill contracts don't really happen anymore. The deciding factor would be the upfront money. Contracts are only as good as the money that is guarantee. I doubt we take the second unless they also are willing to pay him alot upfront and we don't want to match. We have alot more invested in keeping him as long as the money makes sense. Otherwise we will let him go and take the second. This year is all about the money.

Only if we could re-sign Dante Wesley, or we sign a Vet like Lito Sheppard or Fred Smoot to a 1 or 2 year deal to give Cap'n some good competiton(or know that Martin can be a good #2 CB). Then keep the higher 2nd rd pick, trade the 48th pick for a mid 3rd and another pick or 2 like a 5th. then trade our 7th and 6th(from Oakland for a 5th rd pick then we'd rape the draft.

2-WR

3-DT

3-SLB

4-QB

5-CB

5-WR

6-K

7-DE

7-OG

Meh. Marshall is a solid #2 CB, and is only getting better. I don't believe the Panthers have any interest in trading him, I think they put the tag on him to let other teams send in offers to give him a reality check of what he's worth.

I'd rather keep our #4 ranked secondary in place, it's the only group of guys left who have solid experience playing with each other. just my 2 cents.

this.

Archived