• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Seriously!  I love the "I'm afraid he will keep us mediocre" people.  We haven't been mediocre in a minute so for now that will be a welcomes change.  Once we are there we can look at improving where we need to even at QB.  

Okay, just assume for this he does not get better than mediocre. To win with that you will have to assemble plenty of really good talent around the player. Which, efforts were huge to make that a reality. 

Take the mediocre QB out and put in an above average QB it’s a new game. That’s the thought process behind not wanting a mediocre QB. I don’t understand why that is bad. 

Edited by strato

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Brees was a 1st overall pick? I'd forgotten that.

Ahhh, we are talking about first overall?  My bad.  I thought we talking about first round picks who sucked first year as starters.

Edited by Lame Duck

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Ahhh, we are talking about first overall?  My bad.  I thought we talking about first round picks who sucked first year as starters.

No just 1st overall picks. My point is that just because they are the 1st overall pick doesn't guarantee a damn thing. Doesn't mean anything other than a team had their choice and picked them 1st. Doesn't make them super human and a guaranteed franchise changer. History teaches us that to those that choose to listen. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Goff is on his 2nd team though. Kyler has been up and down in Arizona. Some people were upset he got his contract. Baker is on his 4th team? Jameis is a backup on another team, Stafford is on his 2nd team. Luck retired because his was constantly getting hurt behind that terrible OL. 

Its still early but TL did win a comeback playoff game on the road in his second year.  Thats a nice feather in his hat

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its still early but TL did win a comeback playoff game on the road in his second year.  Thats a nice feather in his hat

He seems streaky but yeah I'd love him as a QB.  Jax hasn't done a great job building around him honestly...

15 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Brees was technically a 2nd round pick.  Super high 2nd rounder though....

• Pie 1