• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donny Wads on the way out?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Strange timing after he locks up Rod and staff - anything going on between him and the owner?

Unless Dundon isn't happy with the way the season ended. Otherwise, I think you're right, the timing sucks because of all the FAs they have to deal with (9 UFA, 6 RFA), $30M in cap space and a loaded draft coming up with 9 picks available to the Canes. This may not technically be a "rebuild" year, but for all the work that needs to be done to complete the roster, it may as well be one.

I'm curious to know when his contract expires, though. The article says "this summer," but when is very important. July is when free agency starts, the draft comes along... are we gonna lose Donny in the midst of all that?

And yeah, for those of you experiencing Panther GM nightmares from years gone past, rest assured replacing Waddell will not be easy. He has been an exceptional GM and is probably one of the best in the league. Any team that does land him, if he's willing to go, will be immediately better. 

Edited by Anybodyhome

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Unless Dundon isn't happy with the way the season ended. Otherwise, I think you're right, the timing sucks because of all the FAs they have to deal with (9 UFA, 6 RFA), $30M in cap space and a loaded draft coming up with 9 picks available to the Canes. This may not technically be a "rebuild" year, but for all the work that needs to be done to complete the roster, it may as well be one.

I'm curious to know when his contract expires, though. The article says "this summer," but when is very important. July is when free agency starts, the draft comes along... are we gonna lose Donny in the midst of all that?

And yeah, for those of you experiencing Panther GM nightmares from years gone past, rest assured replacing Waddell will not be easy. He has been an exceptional GM and is probably one of the best in the league. Any team that does land him, if he's willing to go, will be immediately better. 

Should be soon, he’ll get one of the open jobs and be gone before fa starts for sure. 

6 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

No way a lame duck GM is gonna be allowed to participate in selecting  players. He’ll be long gone.

I wish Don well he is a good GM.

• Beer 1