• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donnie Wads to Columbus

6 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Of course, as the only GM position open, and he interviewed last week, he's got a new gig. Title as yet unclear:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2917919/report-blue-jackets-expected-to-hire-waddell-for-top-hockey-ops-job

I bet he tries to take necas and pesce/skeji with him with some surprise in there like Drury or Chatty 

Just now, KillerKat said:

This whole thing still seems fishy to me. Id love to find out when the truth comes out in the future.

It’s either two things. Wads wanted more money OR Tom had enough of coming up short every year.  It can’t be anything else. 

Not too much to read into. It's a hard cap, Dundon is pretty tight with the checkbook and Waddell has been here 10 years.

Time for a change and I'm willing to bet Waddell was not part of RBA's contract negotiation.

Mutual parting of ways.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

It’s not about money or Tom. Waddell is 65 and had a lot on his plate in Carolina to include a lot of the business side of the things. 

Doesn't make sense that he's taking on a bigger role in Columbus, then.

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

He stepped down because he wanted to do something different but also make more money. 

good news is the team has a trade partner for Necas now. 

Johnny Hockey, Werenski, and Boone Jenner for necas, KK, and a 1st?