• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need an electrician

cookinwithgas

So Im trying to get my house ready to sell and I am missing the cover on the electrical panel. I would like to find a replacement cover instead of having to replace the whole thing but it's pretty old. I'm attaching a pic of my neighbors one - if any of you know how to get a hold of such a thing that would be really helpful, if not, recommend an electrician to get this thing swapped out, thanks!

Take the pics to Hunt Electric Supply...they might be able to help.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hunt+electric+charlotte&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hunt+electric&hnear=charlotte&cid=3826410537227916171

Try to find a Square-D or GE stamp somewhere to figure out the maker. Take another pic with a ruler across the top and from top to bottom so they'll know the size.

You could always just get the make...and if they don't sell just the front covers...just buy a new box and remove the cover and put it on your box. Seeing how they did the vinyl siding, it might be a tight fit and getting in there to put the screws in.

Take the pics to Hunt Electric Supply...they might be able to help.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hunt+electric+charlotte&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hunt+electric&hnear=charlotte&cid=3826410537227916171

Try to find a Square-D or GE stamp somewhere to figure out the maker. Take another pic with a ruler across the top and from top to bottom so they'll know the size.

You could always just get the make...and if they don't sell just the front covers...just buy a new box and remove the cover and put it on your box. Seeing how they did the vinyl siding, it might be a tight fit and getting in there to put the screws in.

^^^Probably your best bet...

I am an Electrician by trade and if you pay the airfare and put me up, I would be willing to do the work at a reduced rate. :D

Pantha...I have a question for ya. I have a Progress Energy lightpole (orange security light). The damned thing shines right into my window on the new addition. Would PE pitch a hissy fit if I cut into the conduit near the bottom and put a switch? Maybe a remote control one if I can find one?

Pantha...I have a question for ya. I have a Progress Energy lightpole (orange security light). The damned thing shines right into my window on the new addition. Would PE pitch a hissy fit if I cut into the conduit near the bottom and put a switch? Maybe a remote control one if I can find one?

Usually they do not like customers messing with the installation. Do you live in a neighborhood with a HOA? I would call them (PE) to see if they could relocate the light. Another option would be to take some metal tape (it's like a foil backed duct tape) and block the side that shines in your direction. Can you send a pic so I can see the relationship between the house and the light?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived