• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dale Jr. love him or hate him?

Dpantherman

He has the best equipment in Nascar and you know damn well that Nascar bends the rules for him, yet he constantly "under achieves."

I think this has happened before, but no longer. I still think Earnhardt's win at Daytona after Sr.'s death may have been set up, but now I don't see how they're bending the rules for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I think thier are actually alot of in betweens. Me and all of my buddies that like racing area ll indiffrent towards him. If he didnt drive for hendricks I would propuley like him. But since i see Hendricks teams as the Yankees of Nascar I dont really care for him one way or the other..

Indifferent.

He'll never be great, but he's nowhere near as bad as his detractors claim. He did win two Busch titles, which is nothing to spit at.

A real problem he had early in Cup was when he came in. Jeff Gordon was in his halcyon days, Johnson was about to come onto the scene, and Stewart was running well for Gibbs. Junior was also in Kenseth's rookie class, Kenseth, stylish or not, is top, top class.

I've always taken him to be a rather reluctant star, really. He seems a bit shy at times. You really can't blame him for taking the money, any of you would do the same thing. If you want to see an attention ***** with little racing talent, look no further than his star employee.

Jr is the most over-hyped and over-rated driver in NASCAR. All he has is his last name. People have made excuse after excuse for him. He drives for the best owner (or at least one of the best)....with the best equipment....with the best training facilities...with the most successful teammates. If he can't win at Hendrick, he just does not have the talent that everyone wants him to have.

It is really hard to not like Junior as a person. As a driver though he doesn't have the hunger to win. He knows he will get endorsements and sell tons of merchandise whether he wins again or not. You can't really blame him though, he makes tons of money whether he wins or not. He doesn't have anything to prove at this point. There are a lot of professional athletes who are in the same boat. No he doesn't have his father's fire but who does? Probably one of the guys most people dislike like Jimmy Johnson or Kyle Busch.

Archived