• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you NOT want?

firstdayfan

For what it's worth, The Golden Calf of Bristol won't be available when we select. I also think that after riding the pine for a year or two, he's going to make his critics look like idiots someday, and would love to see him in a Panthers uniform.

My do-not-want list:

Alex Carrington - A bull-rushing DE in search of a move to the passer who's going to discover that NFL offensive linemen are a little stouter than those in the Sun Belt conference.

Mardy Gilyard - I share Zod's opinion that he's the second coming of Keary Colbert

Tony Pike - This is a reach of a "Hell, no" pick, but he doesn't have the arm to play in our offense.

Demaryius Thomas - We may as well convert Rosario to WR, at least we know he can catch at this level

Cam Thomas - Let's wait for Hilee Taylor to work out for us first.

Damian Williams - Colbert, Jarrett, 'nuff said.

Devin McCourty - good zone cornerback who's undersized, doesn't hit as hard as Munnerlyn, and gets run over by big receivers.

I really don't get the criticisms of Gilyard... He is way more talented than folks like LaFell, Decker, Benn, and Price...

As far as my DO NOT WANT list:

The Golden Calf of Bristol

Demaryius Thomas

Taylor Price

Eric Decker

Jordan Shipley

Brandon Spikes

Dexter McCluster

any TE

Jacoby Ford

Brandon LaFell

Trindon Holliday

Mike Williams

Terrence Cody

Vlad Ducasse

Greg Hardy

John Skelton

Dez Bryant

LeGarette Blount

...to name a few...

I really don't get the criticisms of Gilyard... He is way more talented than folks like LaFell, Decker, Benn, and Price...

As far as my DO NOT WANT list:

The Golden Calf of Bristol

Demaryius Thomas

Taylor Price

Eric Decker

Jordan Shipley

Brandon Spikes

Dexter McCluster

any TE

Jacoby Ford

Brandon LaFell

Trindon Holliday

Mike Williams

Terrence Cody

Vlad Ducasse

Greg Hardy

John Skelton

Dez Bryant

LeGarette Blount

...to name a few...

So what you're saying is you don't want anyone BUT Gilyard in the second, huh? :)

So what you're saying is you don't want anyone BUT Gilyard in the second, huh? :)

I would prefer a move up to get Tate...

The best thing to come of the Holmes trade is on two fronts...

Golden Tate was pretty much penciled in to the Jets at 29... Now they'll be looking at other needs... The second front is that they lost another draft pick... They now only own a first, a second, a fourth, a 6th, and a seventh...

I would gladly give them next year's first and swap picks in the second (giving them 48 and us #61) to get the #29 pick and snag Tate... That would allow us to get "our guy" if it is Tate, move down a little in the second where the talent dropoff isn't so bad, and keep the rest of our picks "as is"...

I'm not saying we want Tate that bad, or that WR is even the #1 priority right now that we would trade up for... But Gilyard is the best option at #48 at WR in my book... Sure, it is early for him, but he won't make it until our pick in the 3rd, and our options then will likely be guys that won't fit our needs at WR...

I am indifferent to McCoy at this point... I actually think he is going to be a great QB in the NFL, and a lot of teams will regret passing on him...

I am starting to think that teams will make a jump at picking a QB earlier than later... especially The Golden Calf of Bristol and McCoy....

If the Panthers end up with McCoy, it will be because he was BPA at 48, and we didn't make a move to get another guy we wanted...

I don't think that will happen though, because I am 99.99999999999% sure we'll be picking before #48...

Archived