• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Draft Busts/Home Runs Ever

NanceUSMC

Actually, they only went from 2000-2007 and the list is as follows:

-Peter Warick

-R.J. Soward

-David Terrell

-Koren Robinson

-Charles Rogers

-Roy Williams

-Troy Williamson

-Matt Jones

-Tedd Ginn Jr.

There was only one DT on the list, FWIW (yes, QB was the second most busts).

RB Eric Shelton, Louisville, 2nd Round Carolina Panthers

Hey! I remember this guy... And you know what... I'm gonna defend him!

Drafted in 2005, he saw no game time the whole 1st year. He had a 8 touches in 2006, no starts. And 4 of those touches were against a rough Philly D. This was waaaaay too little experience to make a judgment call imho.

In the 2007 preseason he was playing with the 3rd team. This is the season when Foster was starting to slip. Turns out he got hurt before the 2007 regular season started, but his 2007 preseason effort looked decent:

http://www.nfl.com/players/ericshelton/gamelogs?id=SHE413058&season=2007

I watched every one of these games, and every time I'd watch him, he would hit the tackles HARD and keep pounding. He reminded me a lot of Stephen Davis. I kept wondering why Fox didn't spell him more the year before. But I guess because of the injury, they released him.

I'm not complaining... we wound up with DWill and Stew just a year later, but I don't think he really got a good shot at the game. Or possibly he had some locker-room issues with the Coaches. Or maybe both. But I think he had a lot more potential than Fox was allowing him to show.

So don't feel bad about your hope for this guy. I saw it too. I definitely don't think it was all his fault that he never amounted to much more than a draft pick.

What are (in your opinions) the biggest draft busts and home runs ever... For the purposes of THIS THREAD AND DISCUSSION this does NOT include players who were injured and their career spiraled due to injury, so leave the Timmy B hate in the cabinet... ALSO, for the purpose of this discussion, UNDRAFTED FAs don't count... Strictly drafted players... +1 it if you agree, -1 it if you don't, but offer why you feel that way too... And if you +/- someone, you have to add a player to the discussion... Try to bring something new... We all know Ryan Leaf is a bust... Doesn't need to be limited to just Panther players...

I'll start it off... One that I had the Panthers drafting in my mock, and was excited to get... I defended him, and called for patience to let him grow into the role... I just knew he was gonna be something special... Well, he was special alright... Especially terrible...

RB Eric Shelton, Louisville, 2nd Round Carolina Panthers

Attyia Ellison will be a good DT (Arron Nance circa 2005)

:D

Archived