• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett to be cut *rumor*

App Panther

I am with the majority here. It makes no sense. We don't save any money by cutting him. He is better than the UDFA we have picked up. We have 80 roster spots for TC. If we cut him by the end of training camp then nothing lost.

But that last game was what we were hoping to get out of him since we drafted him. This is his final shot, though.

Being able to catch isn't all there is to being a WR. Route running and getting separation consistently are also major factors and he does neither real well.

What people don't realize is big Wr don't need too get great Separation. Colston and Plaxico don't get good separation they are bigger then the guy covering them so they just take the ball at it's highest point. One thing I blame on Jake is he lost confidence and wouldn't throw too a wr unless they were way open or he trusted them. Big Wr mostly like it if you throw the ball up and let them make a play.

l

He will not be cut unless we can trade him for something. A player like him would never just be cut. He is too young and too much has been invested. They will at least try and get some value for him.

Having said that, if he doesn't show improvement after the pre-season, I can see him then being cut. If he can't beat out the existing WR's and the youth we just drafted they will cut him to make room for the new guys. It will never happen prior to that unless he is traded.

time to move on

established, experienced, star wide receivers can barely get production on this team because of the poo QB play we've had in the recent years. I can't even begin to imagine how tough it is for a new player to DEVELOP as a professional football receiver in this trainwreck we call a passing game.

I'm not saying Jarrett isn't to blame, but look what he has to work with. I just do not see Dwayne Jarrett going down as the next Mario Williams (or whatever the f**k his name was). I'm not ready to give up on this player, and I hope the Panthers aren't either. I hope we at least trade him, so the NFCS doesn't get their hands on him. Brees will cum uncontrollably if the Saints grab him.

I can believe this rumor. If he's not cut before training camp, he definitely won't make the 53 man roster.

It's hysterical to see his defenders latch on to his New Orleans game like he has oh so much untapped potential. 5 catches for 68 yards and a TD against backups with nothing to play for. My, my, how impressive.

He's garbage.

Dwayne Jarrett goes down the second he grabs passes. You could have thrown Jake Delhomme out at receiver and he would have gotten more YAC than Jarrett.

That doesn't mean he's not being developed and that's not something you could have blamed on Jake. That just means he's not a talented receiver. Slow, can't separate, has never broken a tackle in his life.....dude sucks.

Archived