• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Secondary:Panthers or Saints?

scpanther22

Better Secondary  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Better Secondary

• Panthers
    • Saints

Well, honestly, I think you kinda have to give it to the Saints. Sure we did pretty well against he pass last year, but the situations both had to endure were completely different. We had extreme problems stopping the run early last year, so our stats are always going to be a bit skewed.

We have one unknown in Martin, Godfrey who everyone wants to destroy, Gamble and Marshall who most think has under performed. When the Saints secondary was healthy, they were genuinely very good, just that they were rarely healthy. They fixed this with two high picks in the last two drafts on the secondary. Our secondary has only lost players...

Well, honestly, I think you kinda have to give it to the Saints. Sure we did pretty well against he pass last year, but the situations both had to endure were completely different. We had extreme problems stopping the run early last year, so our stats are always going to be a bit skewed.

We have one unknown in Martin, Godfrey who everyone wants to destroy, Gamble and Marshall who most think has under performed. When the Saints secondary was healthy, they were genuinely very good, just that they were rarely healthy. They fixed this with two high picks in the last two drafts on the secondary. Our secondary has only lost players...

Have you seen the Saints run defense? try again

and i keep hearing uncertainty with our safteties (even though one has started and showed improvement, and the other played well in his debut w/ Chris Harris out), is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

and i keep hearing uncertainty, is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

yea there is, but one thing the Saints have for certain is a legitimate pass rush. we don't(although like I said, potential is there.)

secondary talent doesn't matter when the QB has absolutely zero pressure on him.

So I suppose that John Stinchcomb, who also made the Pro Bowl, is better than Jeff Otah because Otah did not make the Pro Bowl. I guess Johnathan Vilma being voted to the Pro Bowl ahead of Jon Beason makes him a better player also.

Have you seen the Saints run defense? try again

That is not the point, the point is we were struggling against the run, losing a lot and had an anaemic offence, teams did not need to pass against us. I think almost everyone here would agree that at the beginning of last season our secondary was rarely tested.

On the other hand NO were a free scoring offensive juggernaut that could do both run and pass. they put a lot of pressure on teams to score and score quickly, meaning teams HAD to pass on them.

As I stated, I was talking about the situations both teams faced.

If you have issues with Sharper, then you HAVE to have issues with both Godfrey and Martin, beyond them we have NO ONE. NO have their starters (who were very impressive) at CB, their starters at safety AND two first round picks as back up.

Come on now, look at things a little deeper and don't look at the Panthers as the team you defend to the death. Just be objective.

yea there is, but one thing the Saints have for certain is a legitimate pass rush. we don't(although like I said, potential is there.)

secondary talent doesn't matter when the QB has absolutely zero pressure on him.

see I really hate this argument, bc our pass rush BLOWED even w/ Pep. I've said this under so many threads im beginning to sound like a broken record. we were near the bottom of the league in QB sacks. and most of those were coverage sacks.

Archived