• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How The Polls Are Ranking The Panthers

KatsAzz

In a poll of nfl.com viewers, the Panthers were ranked as the leagues 23rd best team. Strangely, that's the same place nfldraftscout.com ranks them, in their mock drafts by Rang and Reuter, who had them drafting 9th in 2011.

Steve Wyche even ranked the Panthers at #30.

However. walterfootball.com expects the Panthers to make the playoffs, and draft 22nd.

Peter King picked the Panthers to make it to the Super Bowl, as a wildcard team.

If any of these predictions are correct, the Panthers could find themselves drafting anywhere from 3rd to 31st next year.

So much for the polls. :)

So for five straight years there's been at least a 50-percent turnover in the playoff teams. Remember that as you throw crap at your computer when you see I don't have New England making the playoffs, but I do have Carolina in the big dance. There's not quite the same high number of playoff changes (I have five of 12 different from 2009), but I do have five of eight division winners changing.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/index.html#ixzz0rM0Tp46w

he picked the Bears to win the SB bf the 2009 season...

Yeah that just simply tells me that they don't know. But I'm sure the reason for the low rankings is due to the fact that they simply don't know much about Matt Moore.

What really annoys the poo out of me is that the media knows even less about Kolb yet they give him the benefit of a doubt.

What really annoys the poo out of me is that the media knows even less about Kolb yet they give him the benefit of a doubt.

NFC east can do no wrong. if jason campbell were still on the 'skins everyone would say "he's poised to break out THIS year" AGAIN.

how much do WE know about matt moore?

We know that he's played better than Kolb so far, even though Kolb is in a more QB friendly offense. For some reason though, I heard Baldinger say that Kolb was gonna be awesome this year, but he had all kinds of questions about Matt Moore. Based on the evidence, that makes no sense to me.

Granted, none of us really know how either of those QB's will turn out, but Moore has been here for 4 years and he was a better QB in 09 than he was when he got his first start in 07, so there has definitely been some improvement. Certainly, there is no reason to expect him to fail, unless you're judging him solely on his draft status.

Archived