• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

I went to a cook out last night and the host had gotten a Kirklands variety case from costco for around $18. It had 6 each of amber lager, pale ale, IPA and belgian white. I was surprised by how good they are given the name that was on them.

For some reason I've been on a tripel kick!!

I have that very glass!

I went to a cook out last night and the host had gotten a Kirklands variety case from costco for around $18. It had 6 each of amber lager, pale ale, IPA and belgian white. I was surprised by how good they are given the name that was on them.

I've heard about those beers, but I've never tried them. For bargain beers, it's also tough to beat Trader Joe's.

I've got most of a 12-pack of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo in the fridge, along with not a small amount of Hacker Pschorr Dunkelweiss. The latter was $11.96 a case at Green's in Columbia; a buddy picked up a case for me.

Tonight, my wife and I celebrated our two-year anniversary with a 2008 bottle of Pisgah Cosmos, a Baltic porter brewed with Belgian yeast. It was quite delicious. The wife didn't care that much for it, so I had to drink the entire bottle. Shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought back some Bitburger from the local cellar up in VA for only 11.30...great German bier and I ca't believe the deal I got.

btw..it made me finally think of my all time favorite beer that I tried in Prague a few years back: Staropramen lager. If anyone on this board gets a chance to try it, do it!! Honestly, it was the best damn beer I had on my tour through Belgium, Austria, Germany, & the CR

• 2 weeks later...

Was in colorado and had an Odell 90 shilling scottish ale. Only problem was the stupid chilled glass they served it in. Good beer.

Btw bitburger is what magneto drank in the new x-men movie. I really wanna try some.

Very cool. Try anything else while you were out there in Colorado? They have a ton of breweries out there.

Namaste from DFH was very underwhelming.

Being DFH, I really expected more, I have a bottle of it, but I got my first taste from the tap at Tyler's at Durham Bull's stadium.

It tasted like a dry, citrisy summer ale. I expected something intense or unique, but found neither.

I have heard their Red and White is really good though, and I will be opening Pangaea on the 4th.

Archived